UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Dacia customers face a six month wait for the delivery of their new cars.

The budget brand, which debuted in the UK in January and is sold by all Renault dealers, said it is currently fulfilling a 4,300 strong order bank across its Duster SUV, Sandero supermini and Sandero Stepway crossover ranges.

According to Adam Wood, Dacia's product manager, the lead times for the Romanian-built Sandero will be around four months, similar to a new Renault. But customers ordering a Duster, which is built in India, are being told to expect longer, especially on the entry trim.

"Depending on the specification, the Duster waiting time could be three to four months, although it is five to six months on Duster Access models. We expect this to reduce a little once pre-orders are fulfilled.

"We are finding customers are prepared to wait because buying like-for-like is so expensive," he said.
Meanwhile, Dacia has announced its intention to launch a fourth model range in May when the Logan Estate makes its debut. Prices will be announced next month.

Source: http://www.motortrader.com/industry-news/dacia-customers-face-month-wait/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=MotorTrader&utm_campaign=2223343_MT_DAILY_040213&dm_i=GR5,1BNJJ,3BS38F,4HDRC,1

Click here to view the news

·
Registered
40 Posts
It begs the question, why bring out a fourth model (Logan estate) when they are obviously struggling to keep up with demand on the Dusters and Sandero/Stepways?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi, I dont fancy my chances either then as I am going to order my Ambiance Mariana Blue 4X4 today!!!! Hope we are all pleasantly suprised and the get their supply chain sorted.

Bex

·
Registered
319 Posts
WOW! I hope mine comes with yours as I was told via dealer it would be 3 months and that was 2 weeks ago. I have no handle on which colours, models, 4x2 or 4x4, have delays on them. Only that Access spec seems to be slower than others I assume because of the pure volume of requests for that spec. If anyone has any more info I would be gratefull to hear their views.

Thanks Bex

·
Registered
186 Posts
Had the same rough delivery date. Only ordered a 4x2 laureate in silver last week though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ordered 4x2 Access 14-7-2012. Delivery date unknown. I didn't know at that stage that they would be limiting the number of base models imported. As my order quotes July 2013 for delivery I am very disappointed to learn of orders in the last few weeks being quoted April delivery dates.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Peter, really sorry you are still waiting for yours. Despite all the assurances from the dealer re delivery time I am not holding my breath, although they said today that they have had 4 arrive for customers this week. But were still awaiting cars they had ordered themselves pre-empting what some customers may want, all 4x2.

Thanks for your input Vespasian and twingogeekeo.

Hope you get some good news soon.
Bex

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello just went to visit my dealer today and she said an access 4x4 with my name on it has been confirmed and will be here on April 9 th.
That's great news, it finally seems as if they are starting to trickle through. Good luck, keep us updated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my Dacia Duster Laureate 1.5 DCI/Granite Grey/ 4x2 on January 25th 2013.

Quoted delivery for Thursday March 14th which was confirmed by the dealer about 3 weeks ago.

I contacted the dealer yesterday to check everything was OK to collect this week and was told that the car was being held at the port for "quality inspection" and that delivery would be end of March.

Has anyone else been told this?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I ordered my Dacia Duster Laureate 1.5 DCI/Granite Grey/ 4x2 on January 25th 2013.

Quoted delivery for Thursday March 14th which was confirmed by the dealer about 3 weeks ago.

I contacted the dealer yesterday to check everything was OK to collect this week and was told that the car was being held at the port for "quality inspection" and that delivery would be end of March.

Has anyone else been told this?
Yes this seems to be a common story. The Dealers seem to be as much in the dark as the punters with Dacia Cistomer Service trying their best to make a bad situation as worse as possible.

Hopefully the 2 week wait won't put you out too much.

Reactions: curtainking1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello IWC

Thanks for the reply, my current car is on its last legs I just hope it holds out and that the Duster does arrive in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dacia builds all the sanderos and dusters only on demand. they do not build in advance and then people buy... that is why there are delays. in mainland europe there is no such thing because they build them in advance. and the fact that in the british isles and ireland the wheel is on the other side represents another problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The funny thing is that they are saying that they have not built to order which is why some are still waiting after 9months

·
Registered
43 Posts
The funny thing is that they are saying that they have not built to order which is why some are still waiting after 9months
that s bs.... they have a carrot up their bum renault... ever since the recession the build to order for "just entered" markets where there not sure if the brand will be a success.

for example in romania they build loads for the local market and loads for france , germany , etc... there is no waiting list. in fact whenever I pass a renault/dacia (all together now) I see loads on display and if u have the money with you you could buy one in hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my Duster on Wednesday - Wow!
I ordered it back in June 2012 but on first impressions well worth the wait

·
Registered
228 Posts
that s bs.... they have a carrot up their bum renault... ever since the recession the build to order for "just entered" markets where there not sure if the brand will be a success.

for example in romania they build loads for the local market and loads for france , germany , etc... there is no waiting list. in fact whenever I pass a renault/dacia (all together now) I see loads on display and if u have the money with you you could buy one in hours.
Its the right hand drive problemthough.....you would need to be travelling in india to pick me one up and bring it home.....I will see you all right for the diesel if you buy it there!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
With Dacia being a new brand in the UK obviously there have been a few delays in the supply chain. I can understand the manufacturer not wanting to release the cars until they are satisfied with the quality of the product to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction, "good things come to those who wait" etc.

The dealers must be getting loads of phone calls daily from customers eager to get their new Dacias but unfortunately they only know what they are being told by Dacia. I'm sure that once the initial pre-orders have been cleared that the supply will improve as systems start to flow. From the dealers point of view the last thing they want to do is to promise a delivery date knowing full well that there might be a delay therefore some dealers will be playing it safe by quoting up to six months delivery. I think they are just covering their backs and I think that we will see a flood of Dacia on the roads of the UK very soon.

It is quite rare for a new brand to hit the market and Dacia have timed ot just right with the UK economy as it is, by introducing a range of no-nonsense practical affordable cars. Dacia is going to be huge in the UK and we could be looking at the next Cult Brand.

Ciao for now!

1 - 20 of 420 Posts