UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dacia Duster 1.5dci Engine Tuning

Easiest and quickest way to increase your engine output is to chip it. For example, Superchips Bluefin offer a device that will boost bhp from 108bhp to 128bhp, and torque from 240nm to 277nm.

Dacia Duster 1.6 Petrol Engine Tuning

Same goes for the petrol, it can be chipped, although results are always less impressive due to it being n/a, but nevertheless, there are a multitude of companies on the market that will offer you a chipping service, eg, Angeltuning offer a device that gives an extra 10bhp and 12lbft of torque, giving you around 115bhp and 155nm of torque.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was looking at those and wondering whetehr it would invalidate a warranty?

They will try to get out of paying for anything

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will invalidate it, without a doubt. The plus side though (if using the Superchips) is the map can be removed simply by plugging the handset in. No-one would be any the wiser then, as if they checked all they'd see is the basemap. That is unless Renault have some kind of super-duper ecu monitoring software!

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can bet your life they will try!!

I just do not understand why they do not do it themselves.

I mean I have read that some of these tuning things increase performance and economy, so why can I buy something to do it as apposed to it being standard ?

The motor industry is certainly a strange business!

·
Registered
431 Posts
It will invalidate it, without a doubt. The plus side though (if using the Superchips) is the map can be removed simply by plugging the handset in. No-one would be any the wiser then, as if they checked all they'd see is the basemap. That is unless Renault have some kind of super-duper ecu monitoring software!
I was toying with this idea too as they look very easy to install, however when you say "the map can be removed simply by plugging the handset in" do you mean that you just remove the actual chip and plug set that you buy after market?

I've never used one of these before so don't know anything about them?

Also
  1. are there risks involved in using onr?
  2. how do you source one that does what it claims to say. Ebay is awash with these things but are they up to scratch.... I've no idea??
Any help advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was buying one, I'd buy direct from Superchips. I've got a Superchips Bluefin for my Mondeo, and it really is just plug and play. You plug in into your diagnostic port, it downloads your current map to the handset, and uploads a modified map to the car. If you ever want to return to standard, simply plug the unit back in, and it'll upload the standard factory map. Really is that simple!

Be wary of Ebay - Superchip units are 'locked' to a car, so once you've plugged it in and used the map, you can't use it on another car. You need to send it back to Superchips to get it unlocked, at a cost of hundreds of ££. There is little money to be saved in buying second hand, so get a new one direct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has any one got any real world experiance of how the superchip affects genuine on road performance?

The extra 20hp seems significant but I can't find any information about how 'actual' performance is changed. Ie; mpg, 0-60 & top speed.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's pretty much impossible to clarify that to be honest. MPG is all relevant to your driving style and the roads you're driving on. 0-60/top speed improvements, they aren't measured when the maps are created. Only BHP on a rolling road is measured.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in having our dci Duster re-mapped.

Having had my Megane 225 for a while I've seen a lot of people discuss and have re-maps done on those 2.0 turbo engines. From my understanding, if you have the standard chip re-mapped Renault can't actually read what map is on there. I believe they can see when the chip was last updated but by all accounts if your car goes in for warranty work they are just more likely to flash the ECU than assume it's been re-mapped.

Bit of a calculated risk and as mentioned if you can swap maps fairly easily then all the better.

There was a chap on MeganeSport.net who had his 225 re-mapped. Turns out that as his was a late phase I shape it actually had a Euro IV engine and the map was for the previous Euro III engine. As a result the car wouldn't start and had to be recovered to Renault. All they did was flash the ECU with a standard map then blamed the massive stereo he had in the car for being a possible cause! haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
the DCI 1.5 110 is straight out of the qashqai. well so the sales guys and reviews say. 107 BHP on the 4x2 and 109 BHP on the 4x4.

you can get them remapped with out any external chips. the checksum is the same if dacia ever plug there machine into check, so they will never know.

http://www.ecu-remapping-service.com/vehiclelist/NISSAN/

if you go off what they are getting for the NISSAN QASHQAI 1.5 DCI 78KW 105BHP

torque 240 before 312 after

BHP 105 before 128 after.

Temped

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a Scenic RX4 remapped, really made a differance till the turbo blew.

MPG went up and the power was the best thing. better power band and turbo responce.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Am i the only one interested in the performance upgrade of a diesel duster? I have the addon module on my vehicle now and am well pleased with it as it has 34% more torque now and 28% more BHP or PS. I also get mid 50's to the gallon.

I now want to change the diesel motors air filter for a K+N one. Anyone know where they are on sale. I have seen them for the petrol engine but not the diesel. Mines a 2013 2wd Duster.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did the car when it had 250 miles on it. Its now 1,000. Chipping cars is not new and doesnt need to harm any motor if you dont go boy racing and thrash it around everywhere. It takes out the manufacturers limits that they put in on all new cars. They err on the side of caution plus they limit power output so they can have a GT version at a later date. Peugeot diesels have been like this for years , same motor with three different power outputs as standard.

Mine runs fine and you can tell the difference looking at it. The addon box and cable simply plug in the cable thats already there. See the pic and look at the small green wire to the right of the yellow filler cap. The box is only a couple of inches in size and tucks away easily. It can be simply removed for servicing or a warranty inspection etc. See pic. Its tucked away at the back of the battery right hand side between it and the white fluid bottle and the cable runs along the back to the front of the engine where the standard cable connects to the common rail.

I have a brand new boxed spare unit and cable to sell if you want it fitted. Takes 5 mins and you have the instant upgrade.....£75 'ish or offer. You can try mine beforehand too.

Go see the web site at www.tuningkit.de for the Duster diesel. So its not a remap or physical change its an extra addon box that you can easily remove and replace yourself. It does exactly the same as the chip reprogram but isnt permanent and reversible for resale time etc.

|SO if you want to solve the lack of grunt in the duster or to tow with less grief and better MPG as it drops to mid 20's when towing i suggest you add this unit. You have more power, better torque or grunt, resolves the under powered everyday acceleration and it gives a mid 50's MPG too. It makes the duster a nicer car to drive with less stress on the engine. You dont have to change gear so much or as quick and you have that bit more punch to overtake or get uphills etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
have had a box from chipmydiesel.com connected since new, so i cant compare it against a duster with no chip. i had one on a peugeot that i ran for 3 years, and was very pleased with it.

after running in i am now returning 55/56 mpg at 2000 miles. the engine pulls smoothly and cleanly, and having just returned from towing our small caravan to the new forest (32mpg), can report good towing torque.

like the other boxes, it can be removed and installed in under 5 minutes and for £250 seems like a good buy?

http://www.chipmydiesel.com/products/diesel-chip-tuning/dacia/duster-dci/1733.html

simon

1 - 20 of 54 Posts