1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Dacia Duster petrol and diesel engine specifications

View attachment Dacia Duster Engine Technical Data.pdf

K9K 1.5 Diesel Overview
  • The diesel has a DPF fitted.
  • The K9K is a family of straight-4 turbocharged diesel engines co-developed by Nissan and Renault. The tubocharger is provided by Borg-Warner. It has a displacement of 1461 cc and is called 1.5 dCi (diesel Common-rail injection). Fuel injection systems were supplied by Delphi on the lower power level versions (up to 66 kW/90 hp) however Delphi was sent out by Bosch at Euro 5 version. and by Continental (ex Siemens) on the higher power level versions (70 kW/95 hp and higher).
  • Dacia Duster 1.5dci Renault Powertrain Brochure: View attachment Dacia_K9K_1500_dCi_b.pdf
  • Euro 4 compliant

K4M 1.6 Petrol Overview

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated to include a couple of powertrain brochures (one petrol, one diesel).

·
Registered
217 Posts
In the specifications there is no mention of the type of flywheel fitted to these engines. Anyone know if its solid or of the dual-mass type? I understand that the dual-mass type are mega expensive if they fail!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea, I'd like to know as well. I've read articles suggesting it does, but want to confirm either way.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Was just about to ask this also ...

Also would something like this be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
228 Posts
What about the Diesel particulate filter?
There are several types, and looking at the engine specs, it seems to imply that the DPF used on the Duster is the type that injects extra fuel diesel into the DPF and "after -burns " it to huge temperatures.
I read somewhere that some of the diesel used in this process ends up in the oil sump, thereby thinning it and reducing its viscosity and reducing its protective qualities.
There are also stories about people doing repetitive short journeys, triggering so many regenerations that the deisel levels in the oil sump reach combustion level, causing an effect where the combustion and compression happens underneath the pistons and can't be stopped until the fuel there burns out or the engine self destructs ( because the fuel is not regulated so it goes to maximum revs).

Now. I realise that this might all be myth and old wives horror tales, designed to scare anal-retentive economy-minded motorists... out of revenge.

However it would be nice if someone could describe how the specific type of DPF on the Duster works, and what to watch out for; and how to help it live a long and useful life.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Many thanks for the specs . Got a 4 x 2 on order and I will be travelling a lot to France which has E85 fuel at 0.99 euro . From the specs it appears the engine will run on E85 , but does anybody know whether the engine has been tweaked not to use E85 in the UK , on the French bio fuel web site the Duster is listed as a vehicle which can use the E85 fuel . At 85p a litre the running costs would be greatly reduced even though the mpg is less with E85 .
Will contact the dealer tomorrow , but up to now this site has better information than the dealers .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why does the US market get the 2.0 litre F4R engine and we don't. And how difficult to fit one do you think it would be?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Would the 1.6 petrol be worth altering the engine management map when your looking to improve pulling power and if so would the fuel consumption suffer significantly. I understand the engine is used in the megane so I'm thinking that tuning improvements must be available.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a shame that we don't get the 2.0 petrol. That'd be perfect for me. I've also wondered how easy it would be to swap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a shame that we don't get the 2.0 petrol. That'd be perfect for me. I've also wondered how easy it would be to swap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Snap on that. Am sure its doable, but that really would be goodbye warranty. Maybe a job for in a few years time.

Weird thing is that Dacia don't sell in the USA, but you can download the user manual from Renault USA website, which appears to be hire cars only. You can hire a diesel one, in a couple of specs, but no mention of the either petrol options. Or I'm looking in completely the wrong place.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Weird thing is that Dacia don't sell in the USA, but you can download the user manual from Renault USA website.
Maybe they are sold under the Renault badge as it is in Russia, India and South America.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone tell me the wheeel nut sizes for the Dacia Duster?

I went into a renault parts department today and got the answer " go into the showroom and measure them"

Fantastic customer service, hopefully it will improve in the future???

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can anyone tell me the wheeel nut sizes for the Dacia Duster?

I went into a renault parts department today and got the answer " go into the showroom and measure them"

Fantastic customer service, hopefully it will improve in the future???
Here you are............

http://fautoparts.com/body-Wheel-Bolt---SWAG---DACIA-DUSTER-1-6-16V-2116654-46268514-1156-10313-33039---99%2090%207065-auto-parts?kw1=auto_parts&kw1=car_parts&kw2=spare_parts&kw3=auto_parts_online&kw4=car_parts_accessories&kw5=discount_auto_parts&kw6=cheap_auto_parts

·
Registered
186 Posts
a few days of driving the 1.5 laureate and I do notice that the engine is very clattery and noisy. My previous cars were petrol so I'm used to a fairly quiet drive. The noise of the duster isnt particularly noticeable at any speed, once up to ten miles per hour or more it fades to insignificance but certainly very clattery at idle. No moans though, it sounds like a jeep.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm confused, just drove off with out my seat belt on and it started beeping. But all the reviews I read said it didn't have seat belt reminder and that was why it only got 3 star ncap

1 - 20 of 34 Posts