UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
If you've any questions to add to this FAQ, please post them below and I'll answer them for you

1) When will the Dacia Duster be released in the UK?
At the moment, January 2013. We have heard rumours of this being pushed back to March, but nothing has been confirmed.

2) Can I test drive one right now?
Afraid not. According to Dacia UK, not even the dealers have them in stock yet.

3) How do I find my closest dealer?
On the official Dacia website, they have a link. To go directly to that link, click here.

4) Can I tow with the Dacia Duster?
Yes! Offically, you have to purchase their Touring Pack, but aftermarket towbar options will no doubt be appearing.

The towing weights are as follows:
Kerb Weight (exc driver): 1160kg
Maximum Towing Weight Braked (4x4 version with driver only): 1500kg
Maximum Towing Weight Unbraked (4x4 version with driver only): 660kg
Maximum Payload (inc driver): 456kg
Gross Vehicle Weight: 1710kg
Gross Train Weight: 2910kg

So, in a nutshell, with a braked trailer, the maximum weight you can legally tow (including the weight of the trailer itself) is 1200kg. With an unbraked trailer, you can only tow (including the weight of the trailer) 615kg.

5) Can I go off-road with the Dacia Duster?
Yes. 4x4 versions of the Dacia Duster have a selectable 3 mode 4-wheel-drive system, wide clearance angles and a short first gear ratio to aid traction on loose surfaces.

6) How long is the manufacturers warranty?
The standard manufacturer's warranty is 3 years or 60,000 miles. It starts from the first date of registration and expires on the first of the two limits reached. All new Dacia Duster's also come with a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty and a 2 year paint warranty. Customers wishing to extend the standard manufacturer's warranty can choose from two options:
5 years / 60,000 miles*: £395
7 years / 100,000 miles*: £850
A bargain we reckon!

7) Does my warranty extension remain valid on my vehicle if I sell it?
Yes it does. Both the standard manufacturer's warranty and extended warranties remain with the vehicle and expire on the first of the two stated limits reached, so the new owner can take the benefit of any remaining warranty. This will certainly help when trying to sell on the secondhand market.

8) What is the servicing interval on Dacia Duster?
1 year or 12,000 miles, whichever is reached first.

9) Where can I get my Dacia Duster serviced?
All Dacia retailers are fully qualified to service and repair your Dacia. To find your nearest retailer, check on the official Dacia website: click here.

10) What is the standard Breakdown Assistance cover on Dacia vehicles?
All new Dacia vehicles come with 3 years' / 60000 miles AA Roadside Assistance as standard, from first date of registration. Warranty expires on the first of the two limits reached.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi King, welcome to the forum.

The RHD Duster for the UK market is built in India.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi King, welcome to the forum.
The RHD Duster for the UK market is built in India.
just to add to that King ...

... to put that into perspective nearly all major car Marques have assembling plants in India. Such as companies like Audi, General Motors, Volkswage/Skoda, Toyota, Mercedes, Land Rover, Fiat to name some. Most export to RHD markets whether this is the uk I cannot say for sure but I think the Audi 4 is imported into the UK from India. So worth remembering and not letting it cloud your judgement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas about improving the look of the 'wheelbarrow' wheels on the basic Duster Access 4x2, without having to pay something like £400 for a set of the cheapest alloys? I've thought about wheel trims, but most of them just look like plastic cover-up's. I don't have a problem with steel wheels, but does anyone know where you can get ones that look half decent without costing a fortune?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for that. Hope to pick it up in June. Wanted a suv & had two options; 10k for a 08/09 Nissan Quashqia with 40k on the clock, or 9k for a brand new Duster... As the ad says, I did the maths!!! Biggest concern was the build quality & basic equipment. But the more I read the reviews the more confident I feel about it. Told by the dealer that by September, the basic Access will be going up by about a grand in price. So it's win-win alround.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
III. The TL Gearbox Department
The TLx (MT1) last generation gearbox manufactured here is the first common gearbox the the Renault-Nissan Alliance. The 6-speed gearbox, displaying a torque up to 240 Nm, is adapted to the new petrol (1.8 l and 2.0 l) and diesel (1.5 l) engines.
The activity of the Department takes place in one building, covering a total surface of approximately 29,000 m².
Hierarchically, the Department is integrated into the Powertrain Plant. Legally, it represents the new Renault Mécanique Roumanie plant (RMR). The RMR plant was inaugurated on 13 May, in the presence of the former Prime-Minister Calin Popescu-Tariceanu, of the French Ambassador, of public authorities and of the press.
The plant was built on Renault standards, in compliance with the ISO 9001 (management and quality) and ISO 14 001 (environment protection) standards.
The 5,000 gearboxes manufactured weekly are all exported to the other plants of the Alliance (the Renault plants in Maubeuge and Douai in France and the Nissan plant in Sunderland, Great Britain).
The TL gearbox manufactured by Dacia is assembled on various Renault (Clio, Modus, New Kangoo, Mégane, Scénic, New Laguna) and on the new Nissan models (Tiida, Sentra, Versa, Latio, Livia, Note, Qashqai).
The Department employs about 350 people.

source http://www.daciagroup.com/en/about-us/dacia-industrial-site/dacia-mechanical-and-chassis-plant

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
...in order to assemble a Dacia Duster car in the assembly department of the Dacia Car Plant 2,624 parts are used, out of which 617 are specific for this model. Duster has some elements that are not to be found on other Dacia models, such as ESP, four-wheel drive, 110 dCi diesel engine and a 6-speed gearbox.

…5,100, and respectively 5,300 welding points are necessary for the assembly of a Duster 4x2/4x4 car body?

…5 kilos of paint are necessary in order to paint a car body? For each car body 18 kilos of sealing are applied.

source http://www.daciagroup.com/en/about-us/did-you-know/model-range

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the unfortunate encounter with a colleague today who is a bit of a romancer, who when we were talking about his new Skoda Superb Estate (which is very nice by the way) I made the error of mentioning my other half was going to buy a Duster. He immediately responded that the Duster uses previous generation Renault Clio running gear which is very unreliable. To be honest I couldn't be a**ed getting into a debate with him as I find it hard to believe the size of a Duster uses Clio running gear.

However he's now seeded a doubt in my mind so could someone confirm he's right or just talking a load of bull-hicky please?

Many thanks, WeegieBob. ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It might well do Bob, it uses the same engine and is based on an expanded clio 'chassis' apparently.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I continue to live & learn - thanks Troute. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks antavi - you can believe me here if I mentioned this to him I'd get a response something like "Ah yes, but Skoda decided the previous generation platform was proven to be better than this new cheap 'Meccano' one VW is now using."

We have a saying in the fire brigade up here - "If you've got an elephant, he's got a box for it!" - nuff said. :)

Reactions: Troute

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello all, Ref. No 10 above question. What is the standard Breakdown Assistance cover on Dacia vehicles?
Answer given. All new Dacia vehicles come with 3 years' / 60000 miles AA Roadside Assistance as standard, from first date of registration. Warranty expires on the first of the two limits reached.

What exactly does the above AA warranty cover provide? My present breakdown cover is with Green Flag & I've been with them for quite some time with "Personal Cover" which means any vehicle I happen to be in, be it mine or as a passenger in another car, that vehicle is covered for recovery etc. This costs me £90 & hasn't changed for a number of years. Now the question. If the AA's cover is fairly comprehensive, I would consider lapsing my Green Flag, re-joining after the AA's expires. So does anyone have any experience of the cover the AA provide on the Duster warranty, as if it's Roadside only & after that you're on your own, I'll stay with Green Flag.
Thanks
BeeJay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts