UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

A question I would like to know is how can you tell if a vehicle is 2WD or 4WD drive on the duster?

because when I had a brief look inside the duster that I am suppose to have, I only seen 2WD on a round dial button.

on the round dial button, it says 2WD and in the middle it says Auto and lock towards the right of it. this dial button is above the ashtray,

so I dont know if on the 4WD drive, its always permanent

or it only have 2WD on the button, but if you select auto it will get you in 4WD drive mode. can anyone advise of this????

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you've got that dial, you've got 4x4 (never mind the sticker on the back, the different shaped boot, the full size spare etc etc).

It's in 2WD as default, you can rotate the dial to Auto.. which is basically 2WD unless it feels it needs to move some torque to the rear wheels which is does via a locking diff, or you can select 'LOCK' which makes a dash light come on to say you've engaged 4WD 'permanently'.. unless you go over 40/50mph at which point it defaults back to Auto.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.