UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had my new Dusty last week and already got out the Hammerite on rusty castings in each corner. Painted the calipers and rear drums. Am I right in thinking the Duster is using the old X-trail under carriage .Why don't they use the rear disc breaks also .?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I think the 4x4 system is based on the X-Trail but not the whole undercarriage. Drum brakes are cheaper which explains the choice there, painting them early is a good move as mine are looking the worse for wear now.

Mudflaps, I know others have bought the universal fit ones and cut them to shape successfully, have a search on the forums here for details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've emailed a few on Alibaba who say they do genuine renault/dacia fender flares, mudguards,door mouldings at nearly half the price. Just waiting on costs ( items+shipping)
Also painted the castings the bits that clamp to the suspension leg which the caliper bolts to and drive shaft runs through .Front 2 were raw cast iron still but back two had surface rust on. Any idea of good looking cheap rear spoiler. Under £80. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
There are genuine Dacia mudflaps on eBay from Spain,

Less than half the cost of the stealers, and a perfect fit :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi do u have Ebay code number for these

There are genuine Dacia mudflaps on eBay from Spain,

Less than half the cost of the stealers, and a perfect fit :cool:[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts