UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought new Duster Prime. Had Ambiance before so went for upgrade. The Prime has alloy wheels and came with steel spare. Spare wheel bolts are supplied but only 4. Does this mean if I have to use the spare I use the 4 bolts and also the existing locking bolt used on the alloys.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...check the length of the spare bolts -v- the ones fitted to your alloys: when you fit the steel spare wheel you will need shorter bolts...

...as Ben suggests, your 4x spares are probably the ones taken out when locking bolts were fitted, and there may be a set of 5x shorter ones in the spare wheel kit?...

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contacted dealer today and queried the lack of bolts for steel wheel. They are ordering a set and sending out to me next week. Anyone else had a problem with not having correct bolts for steel spare?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
When I bought my Prime, I also bought a set of steels (that would go on an Ambience)for my winter tyres. The same bolts that are used for the alloys are used for the steels. I wasn't sure at first because I kept seeing reports on here that you would need separate bolts for steels, but the dealer said not - and they were right - its the same set of bolts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Come to think about it I ordered a steel spare wheel for my duster prime and I only recall there being only 4 wheel nuts that have been remove to allow the locking wheel nuts to be fitted. Can anybody recommended a supplier on say ebay who could fix me up with 5 correct nuts for the steel wheels I assume they are probably different to ghetto alloy ones.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Come to think about it I ordered a steel spare wheel for my duster prime and I only recall there being only 4 wheel nuts that have been remove to allow the locking wheel nuts to be fitted. Can anybody recommended a supplier on say ebay who could fix me up with 5 correct nuts for the steel wheels I assume they are probably different to ghetto alloy ones.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
...it's bolts you're after, not nuts - most of the ones on ebay are for alloys (i.e. longer) but these are listed for steelies, at only £7 a set:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DACIA-DUSTER-SANDERO-LOGAN-STEEL-WHEEL-BOLT-STUD-X-5-/250766081621?hash=item3a62d2be55:m:mOG_UrIGzzSjcf1m_cSVyXg

Joe

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
When I bought my Prime, I also bought a set of steels (that would go on an Ambience)for my winter tyres. The same bolts that are used for the alloys are used for the steels. I wasn't sure at first because I kept seeing reports on here that you would need separate bolts for steels, but the dealer said not - and they were right - its the same set of bolts.
Thanks for that information based on your experience at fitting both wheel types. It has saved me a trip to the Dealer tomorrow.........unless someone knows different?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is it not the case that the (longer) alloy wheel bolts are okay for steel wheels. But, the (shorter) steel wheel bolts are not adequate to secure the slightly thicker alloy wheels. Or, is it the case that the threads on the longer bolts don't go far enough up the shank to fully tighten a steel wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I contacted dealer, parts department checked and said that the bolts for steels were listed as being different. I will check them when they arrive and see what the difference is.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I might be missing something here but are we saying that if you have a puncture in a Duster Laureate / Prime and you have to put the spare steel on then the original nuts for the alloys are no good for the steel?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...okay, I stand corrected: my previous cars with alloys had shorter wheel bolts for the steel spare, and even warning stickers to remind you to use the right ones...

...the problem could have been either bolts the for thin steelies being too short to secure thicker alloys, or the bolts for the alloys being too long for the steelies - and perhaps fouling something behind the hub mounting plate (brake disc/caliper?)...

...my previous posts were based on my own previous experience - so maybe Dacia wheels don't suffer from either problem...

Joe
p.s. my apologies to willywombat for the unnecessary expenditure...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Not bothered about £6.99, as I said - belt and braces. At least I know I can put the spare on when I have a puncture - whoever is right. Guess I'll know for sure at some time in the future.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts