UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody know or point me in the direction of , the month by month sale figures for the Duster over the last 12 months . Just wonder if the 'paint protection issue' is affecting sales and is the main reason for the present course of action by Dacia .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Chr15g . Yes you are right shows nothing of significance . Would be nice to see the Duster on it own but thats life . Do you have to be a member to get that off the SMMT website , i looked earlier but could not find anything ?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Nope, was under the 'news' section. Took every month and put all the dacia data on one sheet. From looking around on there I couldn't see a model by model break down though.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Found this eventually - doesn't come up to the statement date unfortunately only the first quarter. Slight discrepancies in the numbers for some reason, but you could break it down into rough quarterly sales. So if you wanted to spend the time you could roughly extract Duster sales from the monthly total Dacia sales using both lots of info. Quite honestly it sounds like a hell of a lot of work!!

Seems to be updated on or around 8th on the month following the quarter... will try and remember to look it up next week, though doubt that would have had any measurable impact on a quarter. Missing refers to something that's been entered incorrectly, or so few were sold never entered into the DVLAs logs - old old Dacias presumably make up this.

dacia registrations 2.jpg

Attachments

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Got a letter from my dealer today saying they're the first dealer to sell 1000 Dusters.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found this eventually - doesn't come up to the statement date unfortunately only the first quarter. Slight discrepancies in the numbers for some reason, but you could break it down into rough quarterly sales. So if you wanted to spend the time you could roughly extract Duster sales from the monthly total Dacia sales using both lots of info. Quite honestly it sounds like a hell of a lot of work!!

Seems to be updated on or around 8th on the month following the quarter... will try and remember to look it up next week, though doubt that would have had any measurable impact on a quarter. Missing refers to something that's been entered incorrectly, or so few were sold never entered into the DVLAs logs - old old Dacias presumably make up this.

attachicon.gif
dacia registrations 2.jpg
From your figures i make it the total number of sales per quarter are .

Q4 2012 12

Q1 2013 1169

Q2 2013 2672

Q3 2013 1977

Q4 2013 1583

Q1 2014 1772 there is a discrepancy here of 103 between the cars registered and the total cars licensed . Are these cars either written off or are they the ones Renault now have after rejections , just a thought ?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I reckon a combination of both. I remember reading some time back that there was a spate of write offs as spares were in such short supply - that'll take a chunk out of that. But, that seems like quite a large quantity from the number sold just to have been lost from write offs.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I reckon a combination of both. I remember reading some time back that there was a spate of write offs as spares were in such short supply - that'll take a chunk out of that. But, that seems like quite a large quantity from the number sold just to have been lost from write offs.
Many thanks for all the figures chr15g keep them coming . It is odd , the 103 do not turn up on the sorn declaration either. Either people have failed to re -tax (naughty owners ) or they are no longer on the road .

·
Registered
281 Posts
Many thanks for all the figures chr15g keep them coming . It is odd , the 103 do not turn up on the sorn declaration either. Either people have failed to re -tax (naughty owners ) or they are no longer on the road .
Could at least some be the LHD demonstrators that were about before Indian production started? They would be permanently exported to a LHD country.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I think the LHD dusters would have appeared in the 'missing' section as they would not have been adopted as a DVLA model type. The other point would be if they are LHD showroom only, would they have been registered?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a fair point brigadoon. How many dacia dealerships are there in the uk? There must be 100 or so, and every one had a LHD duster as far as I'm aware at the start back in 2012

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
every one had a LHD duster?

To my knowledge they did not , when i went to find one to look at , back in Dec 2012 , no garage had one , only in the middle of Jan 2013 did the garages in my area get one and they were RHD , so that does not seem to hold water either .

The difference happens between the Q4 2013 and Q1 2014 . It just seems odd , yes some have been written off, but it all happens in one quarter , now it might me statistical , we will just have to see when the next quarters figures are released .

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Updated stats... looks like a first quarter of 2014 sales figure of 1800+ cars, followed by a second quarter reduced to 1300ish including the new reg. Quite a drop... shame I can't see month by month.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Updated stats... looks like a first quarter of 2014 sales figure of 1800+ cars, followed by a second quarter reduced to 1300ish including the new reg. Quite a drop... shame I can't see month by month.
The key fact is the year on year figures

Q1 1169

Q2 2672

Q3 1977

Q4 1583

Q1 1772

Q2 1332

Q2 2014 is a killer 50% reduction in sales year on year . No surprise then about announcement in June about the paint protection issue . Sales were in decline , followed by the finance offer as well , a brand in big trouble with one of its range .

loss of 1300 ish cars averaged out at £10000 each roughly £13 , 000 ,000 lost sales of its flag ship car .

I suspect Q3 was even worse than we could imagine .

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
What I posted is all the data I could get from the DVLA site I'm afraid. Does cover all sales of Dacia cars from their introduction.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts