UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dacia Duster Priestige
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

We Have a Orange Warning Light a Orange box with a wiggly Line through It (Service Light) on our 2017 Dacia Duster Prestige. We Have Plugged in an OBD 2 Scanner but that doesn't clear the light.

We have also got a OBD2 ELM 327 WIFI Bluetooth Car Scanning Tool which we have also used via the Car Scanner Android App but again we can't seem to erase and clear the light.

Would our OBD2 ELM 327 WIFI Bluetooth Car Scanning Tool work by using the (Dacia Service Reset App.)

We Have tried Pumping the pedals but it doesn't work on our car

Any other Suggestions as we do not want to pay Dacia.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
try the free torque app (for android). that app might work (for clearing the orange warning light). i used both to read the ecu from my gen 1 duster with those cheap ebay elm327 (bluetooth) obd adapter, but only one of them was able to clear the orange light.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,427 Posts
See my other replies. Can you provide a link to the dongle you have. Was it described as V 1.5 or 2.1? The pedal dance is pointless it is for older cars never sold in the UK! The Service "feature" only appeared with the '17 face lifts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See my other replies. Can you provide a link to the dongle you have. Was it described as V 1.5 or 2.1? The pedal dance is pointless it is for older cars never sold in the UK! The Service "feature" only appeared with the '17 face lifts.
WiFi OBD2 ELM 327 Bluetooth Car Scanner Android iOS IPhone Torque Auto Scan Tool

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is just a search tool trap description!

Is It this:
WiFi OBD2 ELM 327 Bluetooth Car Scanner Android iOS Torque Auto Scan Tool | eBay

That appears to be a WIFi device. You will have to temporarily close your internet connection before connecting.
javascr

this is the one

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
That is also WiFi and claims to be V 1.5 which is a good start. Does your android device "see" it in Settings>Network&Internet>Wifi? It should be called OBDII or similar.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
If you are connected to anything via Wifi you will have to disconnect and connect to the OBDII. Then open Car Scanner and open Settings>Adapter......>WiFi and select your OBDIi.

Then on the main screen Connect icon at the bottom should connect and start scanning the car, if successful you should get the Service reset option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are connected to anything via Wifi you will have to disconnect and connect to the OBDII. Then open Car Scanner and open Settings>Adapter......>WiFi and select your OBDIi.

Then on the main screen Connect icon at the bottom should connect and start scanning the car, if successful you should get the Service reset option.
Will this work with the Dacia Servia Reset tool App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When the scan is complete a new icon should appear "Service and Coding" It is in there along with modifications.

This is in Car Scanner correct? are you able to send me a Screen Shot of this please.

Is this on the main menu. Or do I have to click diagnose trouble codes.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You should see:

ELM connection connected
ECU connection connected

at the bottom of the screen, It should then scan your car.

The icon should appear on successful completion. Have you tried scrolling it may be off screen. This is my PC it would take time to setup a screen shot right away.

P,S. Have you gone into Settings>Connection Profile and selected Dacia? You need to do that first time you use it..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should see:

ELM connection connected
ECU connection connected

at the bottom of the screen, It should then scan your car.

The icon should appear on successful completion. Have you tried scrolling it may be off screen. This is my PC it would take time to setup a screen shot right away.

Thanks we will give it another go

We do see ELM Connected and ECU Connected and this time I will scroll to the left I can,t see your PC screen shot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts