UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls, and all others. I am looking too buy myself the Duster, and as a Norwegian, snow, rain, and salted roads during winter, I am a little bit concerned on the quality of an affordable car like the Duster. I saw in here the rust issues on the white, and as far as I could see, no metallic ones were affected.

To shorten The story, is there any real worries for me to buy a Duster?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got a white Duster built in romania since its LHD, and seems to have a little better quality control then the Indian built RHD versions.

so far the sand on the roads have had a tendency to give me a lot of stone chips on the rear wheel arches but that is easy to solve.

No rust so far. but its only 1 year old.

Gearbox seems to want to be wanna shifted slow when cold but if you do i haven't had any problems in any gears..

road noise is the biggest downside with the duster but the new model is better.. better then suzuki SX4 and Fiat Panda. (according to Swedish car magazine Vi Bilägare)

After 1 year of owning my duster im not regretting buying it. When this car is worn out im planning to buy a new Dacia.

a short list of errors i have found:

Thin paint, as easy as the stone chips to spot.

Drips of paint or dirt in the paint in a couple of places.

undercoat was not sprayed that well on some parts.

So if you get a new car check it and then check it again then make them fix it on Warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Welcome thespeak.

I can't comment on Romanian-built Dusters, but good to hear ColdDacia is rust-free 1 yr on (despite the easy-chip paint - which seems to be the norm - it is on my Indian white one anyway). Metallic paint option seems to be a better bet as regards early rust (or lack of) here in the UK, but still not assured.

You should probably ask your question on mainland Euro forums (if you haven't already) for a wider exoerience - we are only 1 yr on with our UK Duster experience. If you do post elsewhere, please update us on responses (good and bad). :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the first couple of Dusters will see the Norwegian roads now. I have still not seen any on The road, so they are not too common yet. Thursday will hopefully be the day I get to try it out for a couple of days. In Norway it has six year rust waranty on (pardon my english) rustholes(?), and 5 years or 100.000km. So I guess it would be a safe buy. Need to try it first anyway. :)

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App from Norway

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi guys and girls, and all others. I am looking too buy myself the Duster, and as a Norwegian, snow, rain, and salted roads during winter, I am a little bit concerned on the quality of an affordable car like the Duster. I saw in here the rust issues on the white, and as far as I could see, no metallic ones were affected.

To shorten The story, is there any real worries for me to buy a Duster?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
welcome

u should talk to the other friend from norway .......methano....

the nordic viking he has got one and he works for dacia dealer

im sure he can answer all of ur questions better than anybody

anyhoo welcome to the crazy house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I have now tried out the duster for 5min, and I like it so far!

Just 5 mins! Actually it didn't take long before I thought "I like this" also. 4 hrs later I was pretty much convinced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kinda "drowe all night", well, all of the evening anyway. My first thaughts were; hate the key, and; this car has the wrong sound when closing the doors, they "boom" instead of "crash".

There were strong winds also, pushing storm in streangth maybe even a little more in short bursts, and I was very surprised that the car handled so good. The wind could not get a hold of the car. The noise level is actually what I am most concerned about, but that might be a combination of strong winds/ Brand new tired and three grown menn talking car.

I realy Do think I have found my new car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The noise level is high... that's the biggest downside of the car...

But the upside is that its easy to change speakers;) so just get some good speakers and drown out all of the roadnoise and engine noise:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The noise level is high... that's the biggest downside of the car...
But the upside is that its easy to change speakers;) so just get some good speakers and drown out all of the roadnoise and engine noise:)
Hahaha, I work with home audio systems, and love good quality sound. The car speakers will avsolutely be upgraded as soon as possible.

I think I need to have a chat with the dealer tomorrow.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It's a matter of degree, compared to my Connect van the Duster is pretty quiet but compare it to some other cars and it's noisy.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
The noise level is actually what I am most concerned about, but that might be a combination of strong winds/ Brand new tired and three grown menn talking car.

I realy Do think I have found my new car.

Apparently, thespeak, Dacia have addressed noise intrusion on the 2014 European manufactured Duster. I haven't picked up on when the updated model hits the streets (maybe it's already on the streets), but what model-year vehicle were you testing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently, thespeak, Dacia have addressed noise intrusion on the 2014 European manufactured Duster. I haven't picked up on when the updated model hits the streets (maybe it's already on the streets), but what model-year vehicle were you testing?
Not 100% sure, because they are fairly new in Norway in general. I Do think it's The '14 modell.

·
On Holiday
61 Posts
well i think the 2014 model is much quieter

i test drove the 2013 model and the difference was noticeable

ist not just soundproofing they have rearranged the engine pipe work somehow which helps

but somewhere on this forum is a thread to add aftermarket sound pads

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not 100% sure, because they are fairly new in Norway in general. I Do think it's The '14 modell.

the 2013 model got a "small" radio and the newer got a bigger one.. a double din or atleast close to it:)

about same interior as the RHD but LHD of course :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thats the 2014 model with better sound isolation. The navigation dacia got is said by every car magazine to be a good one.
And put on mudflaps and protect the rear wheel arches. Or else gravel and sand will chip your car alot. My rear wheel arches is close to needing a respray.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts