UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new to this place but I thought a few may be interested in my predicament.

I took my Dacia Duster into the supplying dealer for the first service in August and asked them to loom at the heater variable direction control.I collected the car to find the repair had not been carried out. I complained and was asked to return for an inspection.

I was then told the heater control cable was kinked and a new cable would be ordered and was told it may take a few weeks.

I was contacted and asked to take it in on the 22/08/14.

Later that day I was told that there was a fault on the air bag and it was unsafe to drive. Now having been in the motor trade for fifty years I was a little surprised that when I took it in it was OK and the vehicle was usable.I was told I could have a courtesy car for a few days.

When I inspected my vehicle I could not believe that the air bag had been deployed and slashed to remove it and also the steering wheel was damaged.

I was told that they would order the parts but it would take time, are you with me so far ?, because it gets better; later that day Renault rang me to ask why my vehicle wanted all these parts. I referred them to the garage responsible Renault Main dealer In BURY Lancs.

The total is, it is now 40 days since it was taken in and although I have been offered a courtesy car by Renault which I refused so as not to cause any damage due to my rather large dog that travels in the rear.I have rang the garage several times and the reception promise to ring back. I am still waiting.The last time I spoke to them , weeks ago, the service manager was off hand and told me it was not his fault and the car was in the way I told him if they had not f***** it up it would not be causing them a problem.

Now if it had come to me in the past when I was in the trade I would have inspected it and then ordered the parts as the car was perfectly usable.

Like I say it is now 40 days and still no sign of the parts being available The customer service relation at Renault keeps me up to date; in fact 20 minutes ago today the 30th of September, I received a text :still no parts available and so the saga continues.

What do you think of that for service?

I will keep the forum informed.

E Matthews

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Reading between the lines it looks like they have somehow managed to deploy the air bag when fixing the cable' the word cowboy springs to mind :( If I was you I would grab that courtesy car because its unfair that your poor dogs travels have been curtailed through no fault of yours

·
Registered
836 Posts
Firstly any muppet working on the dash board should isolate the airbag . Secondly Dacia have always had an issue with Duster spares , an airbag is a big issue . I think you will be waiting a lot longer I hope I am wrong but ....................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts