UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's working now and I am pleased with the basics of the warranty.

Again, many thanks, Nick

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant, I can now have a read
I've updated the link in the first post.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am please with what bthe warranty says.

I was watching some consumer show a couple of months ago about DPFs. What this particular person was saying was that they took their 2nd hand car back to the dealer who sold it them as the DPF had failed. They were told they would have to pay for the DPF as one had already been replace under warranty.

The implication being you only get one shot at a warranty per part.

Now I have never ever had a car with a warranty before, so I was uncertain as to whether this was the norm.

This bit in the warranty details;

Duration
- All parts and labour services supplied under the Warranty are guaranteed under the terms of the Warranty until it expires
irrespective of when during the Warranty period any parts and/or labour services are supplied (for example, if a spare part is
supplied free of charge under the Warranty in the 34th month of the Warranty period, it will only be covered under the
Warranty until the expiry of the Warranty in the 36th month or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first).

Seems to imply that a replaced part is still covered by warranty for the duration, and I assume that will be the same for a 7 year one too.

Apologies if this is basics for warranties. I am feeling my way here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts