UK Dacia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know if it helps, but I've just picked up my Dacia Sandero Comfort 100 TCE Bi Fuel earlier on. Ordered it at the end of October last year, was delivered mid Jan and picked up today. After reading the comments here I feared I'd have the Media Display but can confirm it's a MediaNav. I asked the salesman and he seemed to think "All Dacias now have wireless Android Auto/ AirPlay", which personally I don't think would be the case for lower specs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I asked the salesman and he seemed to think "All Dacias now have wireless Android Auto/ AirPlay", which personally I don't think would be the case for lower specs.
This definitely isn't the case, but it's strange that there are so many cases of cars continuing to be delivered with MediaNav when they were ordered so long after the change to spec was made in April 2021. Seems like pure random chance. You got lucky!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know if it helps, but I've just picked up my Dacia Sandero Comfort 100 TCE Bi Fuel earlier on. Ordered it at the end of October last year, was delivered mid Jan and picked up today. After reading the comments here I feared I'd have the Media Display but can confirm it's a MediaNav. I asked the salesman and he seemed to think "All Dacias now have wireless Android Auto/ AirPlay", which personally I don't think would be the case for lower specs.
There is a navigation app on the main app

·
Registered
310 Posts
We are still getting Comforts through with satnav, also a new sales alert came out in the last week or so stating that from x date Comfort won't have sat nav, all a bit confusing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. Did anyone get any resolution on receiving media display rather than the media Nav? I've just received my Duster prestige and it hasnt come with Nav or wireless. The dealership were confused when trying to demonstrate the wireless Android auto. Now I know why. I'm interested what kind of solution other dealers have come up with

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi. Did anyone get any resolution on receiving media display rather than the media Nav? I've just received my Duster prestige and it hasnt come with Nav or wireless. The dealership were confused when trying to demonstrate the wireless Android auto. Now I know why. I'm interested what kind of solution other dealers have come up with
There won't be a resolution, apart from you cancelling and returning the car, this spec chamge was communicated to dealers, it is down to the dealer to relay the info to the customer when ordering.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There won't be a resolution, apart from you cancelling and returning the car, this spec chamge was communicated to dealers, it is down to the dealer to relay the info to the customer when ordering.
Hmm that sucks as the change wasnt communicated to me. I feel like I'm left to either accept that I'm paying for prestige model but have missing features, or reject the car and be left without a car

·
Registered
116 Posts
... the change wasnt communicated to me. I feel like I'm left to either accept that I'm paying for prestige model but have missing features, or reject the car and be left without a car
Unfortunately these are pretty much the options you have. Saying that, I'd still be pushing the dealer for some form of compensation as they have not supplied what you contracted for and I doubt they want the hassle of you rejecting it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I took an order when this was announced, I informed them, they weren't happy but were happy with the £200 that I offered, their car is yet to arrive though, strange that yours is already here though SpongeDog as they would have been ordered at the same time, the deletion of the sat nav was only in place for a few weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
An update on this boring thread 😃
After a lot of chasing that my car had the wrong media installed they're fixing it!
The dealer was working on some drastic solutions like ordering a new car then switching over once delivered. Actually the resolution is that the unit can easily be changed over. Will be fixed next week

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So, it turns out all this "there won't be a resolution, like it or lump it" was you talking rubbish, huh? All this "I work at a Dacia dealership, they won't do anything" crap, and here we are, someone who has received Media Display and having it changed to MediaNav without issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hope they haven't forgotten to order a GPS antenna🙂
Me too. I don't consider it complete until it's installed and fully working. Especially as originally told by the dealer the unit can't be changed.
Don't get me wrong I've had to make a big deal chasing to get the media change and only because I wasn't told up front about the change.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts