UK Dacia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
So, it turns out all this "there won't be a resolution, like it or lump it" was you talking rubbish, huh? All this "I work at a Dacia dealership, they won't do anything" crap, and here we are, someone who has received Media Display and having it changed to MediaNav without issue.
Difference being, this issue was discovered at handover, the car was ready registered, this is a whole different scenario to yours, yours was discovered pre the car arriving so the dealer was in a far "better" place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, it turns out all this "there won't be a resolution, like it or lump it" was you talking rubbish, huh? All this "I work at a Dacia dealership, they won't do anything" crap, and here we are, someone who has received Media Display and having it changed to MediaNav without issue.
That's a bit harsh on HTP99, I think his posts are really helpful coming as they do from a Dacia salesman.
It's always interesting to hear a dealers thoughts and he has no doubt helped people on here when he lets us know of upcoming price increases and spec changes.

Sadly I think he may still be proved right about the issue with the missing media nav (although I hope that SpongeDog does get it resolved) as I wouldn't be surprised if SpongeDog's dealer find's that it is not as simple to change as they expect it to be.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hope they haven't forgotten to order a GPS antenna🙂
Me too. I don't consider it complete until it's installed and fully working. Especially as originally told by the dealer the unit can't be changed.
Don't get me wrong I've had to make a big deal chasing to get the media change and only because I wasn't told up front about the change.
I was thinking the same about the GPS antenna, and also if there is wiring in place for it. Hopefully it'll all work out fine, but I too would be cautious until it's all back and working.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Difference being, this issue was discovered at handover, the car was ready registered, this is a whole different scenario to yours, yours was discovered pre the car arriving so the dealer was in a far "better" place.
But you're still getting Comforts delivered with MediaNav, even though this was supposedly discontinued April '21? So what's going on?

·
Registered
310 Posts
But you're still getting Comforts delivered with MediaNav, even though this was supposedly discontinued April '21? So what's going on?
Haven't a clue, particularly when we received another alert not long ago stating that sat nav was being dropped from Comfort Sandero, I thought it had been last April, as per the sales alert then!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
An update on this boring thread 😃
After a lot of chasing that my car had the wrong media installed they're fixing it!
The dealer was working on some drastic solutions like ordering a new car then switching over once delivered. Actually the resolution is that the unit can easily be changed over. Will be fixed next week
What's the latest? Did they swap it out? How's it all working?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haven't a clue, particularly when we received another alert not long ago stating that sat nav was being dropped from Comfort Sandero, I thought it had been last April, as per the sales alert then!!
I ordered my Sandero Comfort in December and I'm expecting delivery this week. Wireless CarPlay is a dealbreaker for me - how likely is it that my car will come with it do you think?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Booked in to be changed next Tuesday. May take a couple of days. Will give an update whatever the outcome is. Defo giving it a full check over before leaving as im not convinced its going to go smoothly.
Any news?

*edit, my bad I noticed you said it may take a few days, ignore me lol!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I collect my Sandero 1.0 TCe Comfort on 20th May from the dealer after a six month wait and that has Media Nav installed which is a bonus and the six gears I expected. I was told be the dealer that it was pot luck whether the Comforts have Media Nav or Media Display. I was lucky.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dealer has had the car for 2 days now and it hasn't been touch :mad: :mad: :mad: seriously getting pissed off my Renault Dealer. They could have said there's been a delay. Hopefully have a constructive update soon
Probably all been in a huddle for the past couple of days scratching their heads, trying to work out why it isn't working and.

The whole thing will be trial and error, will be very expensive; parts and workshop time and with no guarantee that it will work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good news is the Dusters back home! Bad news the MediaNav couldn't be fitted. Dealer said that the car rejected the new chip
Not surprised its not worked, I've been in the industry long enough to know that this sort of thing just doesn't work with modern cars, electronically they are just too complicated, everything has to marry up precisely, I'm surprised the dealer you are dealing with, even attempted it, we wouldn't have done it, the cost would have been in the £thousands including labour and the whole attempt would have been done blind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I received my TCE Comfort Sandero yesterday (ordered end of Jan). I wasn't very concerned about on board SatNav and Wireless connectivity but thought I would answer with my experience.

Just in case anyone is interested:
It has the NAV option on the main menu. I tried it and I thought it was awful compared with Google Maps imho. But it was present.
It also connects wirelessly via Bluetooth and I can use Apple Auto without USB connection. I can play Amazon Music wirelessly, make calls etc
I did enable the WiFi in the settings and although I could see a Wifi network on my iPhone, I could not connect as I don't seem to have the password? Do I need one, anyone know where is it?
I can also view and answer WhatsApp via voice activation and the voice activation actually works (my previous Seat did never got it right).

I find the differences badly explained for the different setups ... am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,226 Posts
So I received my TCE Comfort Sandero yesterday (ordered end of Jan). I wasn't very concerned about on board SatNav and Wireless connectivity but thought I would answer with my experience.

Just in case anyone is interested:
It has the NAV option on the main menu. I tried it and I thought it was awful compared with Google Maps imho. But it was present.
It also connects wirelessly via Bluetooth and I can use Apple Auto without USB connection. I can play Amazon Music wirelessly, make calls etc
I did enable the WiFi in the settings and although I could see a Wifi network on my iPhone, I could not connect as I don't seem to have the password? Do I need one, anyone know where is it?
I can also view and answer WhatsApp via voice activation and the voice activation actually works (my previous Seat did never got it right).

I find the differences badly explained for the different setups ... am I missing something?
Try 0000 or 1234 for the password, you never know it may work ! ;)

61 - 80 of 86 Posts