UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new Jogger Comfort last month and now I see they have re branded the car with a new name and badge on front of car and back
I asked if my new car would be the new version and was told no,I would get old badge style and if I wanted an upgrade it would cost me £1000

Has anybody had the same experience as I think its a bit ooo

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe the new badges will only be applied to cars ordered after the 16th of June. Your dealer is saying you can order the new version, but you will have to cancel your existing order and reorder your car with the current price which were increased shortly after you ordered your car.

Personally I would stick with what you have already ordered.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can re-order, however yes you will pay more as it is a fresh order, assuming you ordered your current one pre the £1000.00 price increase, you will now be subject to that and the revised facelift pricing so an Expression which is the Comfort replacement would start at £17,945.00, plus you will not see it until 2023.

TBH I don't see the issue you have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Isn't it clear what the issue is? OP orders a new car, then within a month Dacia rebrands itself and he/she ends up with a new car in the old branding.

These kind of comments contribute nothing, and can kill discussions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jim
Sorry if I didnt come accross clearly but thats what I meant by saying they let me buy a car that they must have known was getting rebranded and when I ask if im getting the rebranded car they say no unless you pay more money....its like taking your son for a new season football strip and you shell out your money only for 1 month later they change the badge and your son wont wear it and its not like the car is pennies !!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’m afraid that’s the way of the world and why should Dacia be any different. I ordered my new Duster on 1st of June and I never even gave a seconds thought to the re-branding. They are quite right to increase the price as any manufacturer would so I don’t see any problem, Personally I would keep the order and save the £1000 plus you get the car quicker. HTP99 is correct in what he is saying. Do I detect a bit of badge snobbery creeping in here? 🤣 BTW I thought I better edit this and say it is not meant to sound as if I’m starting a debate or argument. It is just my take on what every manufacturer does no matter what they are producing, also a bit tongue in cheek. Personally I would rather wait for a totally re-designed car to come out (along the lines of the Bigster, as has been hinted at in the motoring press) rather than cancel for the sake of the badge.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway II, 1977 MGB Roadster
465 Posts
I can sympathise with the OP to a point. Although it’s only a re-badging, it does look like he’s bought an ‘old’ model. To a lot of people their new car is an important statement.

Although things are slowly changing now, the difference in France was always noticeable. In the UK, when you went to, say, a party or to a meal, the guests that were already there would often judge you by the car you arrived in. In France your car was ignored, and no one cared what old banger you turned up in.

So yes, as Dusteme130 ’hints’, there may be a bit of badge snobbery here, but imo in this case, without wishing to seem patronising, it’s understandable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with you there to a certain extent JLB but in my eyes a car is only new for a day. Take for instance the new Kia Sportage that has just came out. Where I live there has been quite a few of the previous generation just went on the road and that says to me that not everyone is interested in having the latest latest version but I agree there will always be people who see it as important to have the latest model. Personally I admire the French people for their thinking and not judging on the basis of the car. No point in having the latest version of a premier car sitting on the back of a breakdown truck when a Dacia goes “speeding” past with many thousands of trouble free motoring ahead. I know which one I’d rather have! 🤣

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anything you buy, be it a laptop, mobile phone, TV or a car, there will always be a new model on the horizon. If you were concerned that there was something newer or better around the corner, then you would never buy anything.

With regards to Dacia, the only real change is the logo is going to change, so the grill has a new logo, the boot has a new badge and the logo on the wheel centres and steering wheel has changed. Yes, I can see your annoyance that your new car will not have the new logo on the front, but this new logo was not available when you ordered your car.

As I said earlier, the new logos will be applied to all cars ordered after the 16th of June, and you are well within your rights to cancel your order and reorder your car. However, if you do this you will need to order your car at the increased price, and you will go to the back of the order list so probably won't see your car until early 2023.

Even if the dealer had told you this in advance when you ordered the car, you would have still had to wait until the 16th of June to order the car and you would have still had to pay the new revised prices and pay an extra £1000.

I understand the frustration, I myself am waiting for my car to arrive and would have preferred the new badges. However, in my situation the car has increased by £800 and is currently being built, so I don't fancy having to pay extra and wait another six months for what is essentially a different logo on the car.

If there was an entirely new model coming out (think Sandero 2 to 3 like in 2020) then I would definitely have cancelled and ordered the new car, however in this situation I am happy to stick with what I have ordered as to me it is not worth cancelling and reordering for some different logos.

Out of interest they have updated the brochures now and I see the Stepway Essential no longer has the same seats as the rest of the Stepways, they are more like the seats in the Jogger Essential. Really hoping my car still has the original seats and they haven't changed them already. They have also made the wheel trims dark grey, I much prefer them in Silver.

After seeing the brochure, I am actually in the situation where I don't want the new car, I want the spec of the car when I ordered it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I totally agree with everything you say Joey Deacon, very well put. I’m of the same mind as you regarding current models as I have ordered the Duster Extreme and it doesn’t even appear in the new brochure as it is just on sale this summer supposedly. In my eyes this is the best looking Duster yet and I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed that they have decided to offer the Urban Grey colour option for the updated Duster. I suppose that makes me a bit of a colour snob. 🤣

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway II, 1977 MGB Roadster
465 Posts
Many moons ago when I worked for a living, I recall our Technical Director telling a computer salesman (having been told that the latest model was in stock and available), 'No thanks, if it's in stock it's out of date'.

I bought my Stepway II knowing it was the last of the line and that the III was about to come off the production line, so to speak. The deal was too good to miss, and the colour (azurite blue) is spot on. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Isn't it clear what the issue is? OP orders a new car, then within a month Dacia rebrands itself and he/she ends up with a new car in the old branding.

These kind of comments contribute nothing, and can kill discussions.
I contacted my dealership on the new branding too and was told, while this was announced they aren't expecting to get anything with the new branding until early next year. Given I've been waiting since 1st December when my pre-order went in and again from the ~22nd March when my actual order went in. Cancelling my order now, to re-order and wait another 6months+ when I'm less than a month away from delivery over some aesthetic changes is folly. Most people will be buying on PCP/HP anyway with the option to 'upgrade' to a new model in 2.5-3years time, that seems the most sensible thing to do if you want the new branding imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat, im gald its not just me! I ordered my Jogger Extreme SE on the 1st April and am annoyed about the facelift as not only do I prefer it, I prefer the new colour schemes too.

However it is an extra £1000 for the facelift model. The way i see it I can change the rear decals, wheel hub covers and grille myself. I doubt the decals and hub covers will cost over £100. I'd estimate £100-£200 for the grille. The steering wheel will remain as I'd have to change the whole wheel and not the cover on the wheel. I'm still happy with the colour I've already chosen.

So the way I see it I can externally facelift the car myself for no more than £300. Much better than the extra £1000 and 6 months extra lead time!

I plan on keeping mine 2 to 3 years and then swapping for the upcoming hybrid model due 2023.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
So the way I see it I can externally facelift the car myself for no more than £300. Much better than the extra £1000 and 6 months extra lead time!
Don't forget, any such cosmetic modification would need to be noted to your insurer, as they could potentially decline any claim if it was undeclared.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts