UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’m afraid that’s the way of the world and why should Dacia be any different. I ordered my new Duster on 1st of June and I never even gave a seconds thought to the re-branding. They are quite right to increase the price as any manufacturer would so I don’t see any problem, Personally I would keep the order and save the £1000 plus you get the car quicker. HTP99 is correct in what he is saying. Do I detect a bit of badge snobbery creeping in here? 🤣 BTW I thought I better edit this and say it is not meant to sound as if I’m starting a debate or argument. It is just my take on what every manufacturer does no matter what they are producing, also a bit tongue in cheek. Personally I would rather wait for a totally re-designed car to come out (along the lines of the Bigster, as has been hinted at in the motoring press) rather than cancel for the sake of the badge.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with you there to a certain extent JLB but in my eyes a car is only new for a day. Take for instance the new Kia Sportage that has just came out. Where I live there has been quite a few of the previous generation just went on the road and that says to me that not everyone is interested in having the latest latest version but I agree there will always be people who see it as important to have the latest model. Personally I admire the French people for their thinking and not judging on the basis of the car. No point in having the latest version of a premier car sitting on the back of a breakdown truck when a Dacia goes “speeding” past with many thousands of trouble free motoring ahead. I know which one I’d rather have! 🤣

·
Registered
75 Posts
I totally agree with everything you say Joey Deacon, very well put. I’m of the same mind as you regarding current models as I have ordered the Duster Extreme and it doesn’t even appear in the new brochure as it is just on sale this summer supposedly. In my eyes this is the best looking Duster yet and I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed that they have decided to offer the Urban Grey colour option for the updated Duster. I suppose that makes me a bit of a colour snob. 🤣

1 - 3 of 3 Posts