UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently got myself a Logan 2016 with parking sensors, all working fine.

Also purchased a front (fits over rear view mirror) and rear dash camera combo. Got it all routed and power from front cigarette light point. Last feature I wanted to activate was the rear camera activating when selecting reverse gear (it should display in the rear view mirror).

So I set out trying to find which wire for the reverse light I had to tap into. With ignition, on selected reverse gear, and beeps from sensors annoyed me, so I unplugged the speaker from the 9401t box. Back to work, took multimeter, grounded it on bare metal in boot and proded each connection individually in wiring connection to rear light block. Touched second connection / wire and the rear light went out. Checked other reverse light and it was out too. Checked bulb with multimeter for continuity and it was fine. Popped speaker for sensors back in and no sound.....

Next thought was fuse - from the manual I checked fuse 15 and it looked fine - book said this was reverse gear, windscreen wiper. So I popped it out, tried windscreen wipers (front and rear) and they still worked..........

At a loss just now - just to confirm I have not tapped into any wires yet, only removed sensor speaker and put it back.. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,809 Posts
My handbook says fuse 17. If you put the front wipers on and select reverse the rear wipers should wipe, which checks the reverse gear switch. I would test for 12 volts at the bulb rather than continuity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My handbook says fuse 17. If you put the front wipers on and select reverse the rear wipers should wipe, which checks the reverse gear switch. I would test for 12 volts at the bulb rather than continuity.
Thanks - I'll try give that a test during lunch today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I'll try give that a test during lunch today.
So tried that, engine on, front wipers on, then selected reverse - nothing from rear wiper. So reverse gear switch then? Do where is this located, and is it easy to repair ?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
So tried that, engine on, front wipers on, then selected reverse - nothing from rear wiper. So reverse gear switch then? Do where is this located, and is it easy to repair ?
It is a possibility although not conclusive as the UCH ( in English, BCM- Body Control Module ) and CANBUS is involved. If it had worked you would have eliminated a faulty reverse switch if you follow my logic. Unfortunately there are no wiring diagrams in the public domain. I would try disconnecting the battery to reset the electronic modules, check you have the radio code which should be on a sticker in the back of the handbook.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a possibility although not conclusive as the UCH ( in English, BCM- Body Control Module ) and CANBUS is involved. If it had worked you would have eliminated a faulty reverse switch if you follow my logic. Unfortunately there are no wiring diagrams in the public domain. I would try disconnecting the battery to reset the electronic modules, check you have the radio code which should be on a sticker in the back of the handbook.
Thanks - will check the handbook tonight, and if I've got the code I'll try the battery disconnect. All the other lights in the rear light unit work (both side). And I'm guessing the reason the sensor/speaker is not beeping is that is getting a feed from the reverse light wire, which is receiving no power just now.

Will update as soon as I can.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
The UCH/BCM definitely controls the rear wiper in reverse gear. An owner I know has turned this function off by "hacking" the module via the OBD ll port, as well as switching permanent dashboard lights on! Preferring to have only manual control over the rear wiper ! ;)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Thanks - will check the handbook tonight, and if I've got the code I'll try the battery disconnect. All the other lights in the rear light unit work (both side). And I'm guessing the reason the sensor/speaker is not beeping is that is getting a feed from the reverse light wire, which is receiving no power just now.

Will update as soon as I can.
Just a thought. How has your reverse sensor electronic box been tapped in. Could you have caused a disconnection when you disconnected the speaker.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The UCH/BCM definitely controls the rear wiper in reverse gear. An owner I know has turned this function off by "hacking" the module via the OBD ll port, as well as switching permanent dashboard lights on! Preferring to have only manual control over the rear wiper ! ;)
The old hardware hack was to cut the wire to pin 40 of the UCH/BCM. What controls the logic voltage on that wire is unknown.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The old hardware hack was to cut the wire to pin 40 of the UCH/BCM. What controls the logic voltage on that wire is unknown.
I do not recommend cutting this on latter vehicles as the German forum says it is also used by Hill Start Assist. Roger do you know if anyone has activated HSA on a car that is not supposed to have it.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
I do not recommend cutting this on latter vehicles as the German forum says it is also used by Hill Start Assist. Roger do you know if anyone has activated HSA on a car that is not supposed to have it.
My contact is researching lots of web sites for switching on & off different functions. HSA is definitely on his radar ! No wires have been cut to exclude functions, only by ticking or unticking boxes on a LapTop via the OBD socket ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
My contact is researching lots of web sites for switching on & off different functions. HSA is definitely on his radar ! No wires have been cut to exclude functions, only ticking or unticking boxes on a LapTop via the OBD socket ! :rolleyes:
My research says it is in the ABS section which makes sense to me. I can't try it myself as I don't have a laptop and my car is too far from my computer at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
My research says it is in the ABS section which makes sense to me.
He told me, when we spoke on Sunday, that there a probably other "modules" that he needs to access ! He has found things on a Polish web site that he needs to get the "gist" of !! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Little update - coming home from work I realised that the automatic stop/start wasnt working. Switch at handbrake had red light on and couldnt switch it off. Never checked this morning so this might be connected.

Anyway, disconnected the battery for 30 mins, back together. Programmed radio, set clock on dash. Selected reverse gear and no beeps or reverse lights. Took car out little drive, starting off auto start/stop switch light was off, after about 50 meters (if that) it was on.

Parking sensor I believe is tapped into reverse light wire on LHS. My theory is no power to reverse light = no parking sensor.

I've attached some pictures of the fuse box, manual, sensor box and how its tapped in.

sgkgsm.jpg

331lvmc.jpg

2ez7pr7.jpg

261lwtd.jpg

291ztkh.jpg

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I suggest you meter for 12 volts at the fuse and continuity from the fuse to the bulb and/or the box. As there are no wiring diagrams I am aware of it is not as easy as it might be to trace the problem.

Back to work, took multimeter, grounded it on bare metal in boot and proded each connection individually in wiring connection to rear light block. Touched second connection / wire and the rear light went out
This is puzzling could you have broken a connection somewhere. Maybe unravel the tape where the tap has been made if you can't prove continuity.

Was the box dealer fitted? If it was your best option might be warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts