UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my logan a year now according to Evans halshaw servicing schedule as it's in for its first service in morning (hopefully no drama from it)
After a years use and just over 4000 miles (don't ask) I can say that this is the first vehicle I've owned that hasn't had to go in for any mechanical work within its first year, the tce engine has lost its random turbo boosts, bouncy gearchange and bouncy rear end that it had when new.
Being a 3 cylinder it has like other 3 cylinders I've used one of the best engines for flat no drag back or bouncing gearchanges, I'm now working 24 miles away as I've changed work location and the tce is fantastic, when I leave work there's a long steep slip road onto the dual carriageway, the tce just zooms up it to 70mph with ease, I'm yet to find a hill that it Can't zoom up, in which case I'm glad I chose the tce over the other engines, especially it's ability to get a move on off roundabouts.
Mpg is roughly 50mpg, and doesn't alter much no matter how you drive it, I somehow got 55mpg from the first tank but still don't know how.
The car isn't as good at carrying heavy loads as our other car, but i think that's down to the wheelbase more than the cars ability, loading paving slabs into it was a chore, trying to get them to the seat backs required climbing in, where as our other car the rear wheels are at the back of the car.
All in all I'm glad I chose the tce, with my past history it's likely to be gone in a few years time, but until then it's gonna be fun, the only downside so far is its a pain to get in and out of the garage.
Happy driving all, Carlos :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
Have to say I'm equally happy with mine, just a couple of niggles that I'm going to address in the near future. The boot light is crap so I'll be fitting some LED strip under the sides and load cover, might even do a write up with photos. Also there's no courtesy light for the rear pasengers, so strapping the kids in at night is a real pain, just not sure what to do about that yet.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to say I'm equally happy with mine, just a couple of niggles that I'm going to address in the near future. The boot light is crap so I'll be fitting some LED strip under the sides and load cover, might even do a write up with photos. Also there's no courtesy light for the rear pasengers, so strapping the kids in at night is a real pain, just not sure what to do about that yet.
The rear light is annoying but you sorta get used to it, our c max is the other way round as the light above the rear seats is the only one that works now, the front one appears to be shot, possibly from water as the area just at the back of the arial mount on the roof is just starting to rust away, I'm sure this car spent the first few years of its life submerged in salt water or something.
Mine got a clean bill of health today, and passed it's corrosion check, suprised to see that done within the servicing cost, ford charged me 25 pound extra!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought another courtesy light from eBay for £6. It was actually from a Nissan note and came with the plug. I bought some 4 core automotive wire as well then just cut a hole (took the size from the front one as it's exactly the same) and feed the wire through the roof panel. I just released the two clips that are around the middle of the roof and that gave enough room to get my wire through. Note that there is a small gap between the roof panel and crossbar so the cable doesn't get crushed but I dropped it so it was easier to get the cable through using a long piece of wire. I then just matched up the wire's and joined them and hey presto instant back light with full independent controls same as the front. Couple that with some led bulbs and it's brilliant.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I bought another courtesy light from eBay for £6. It was actually from a Nissan note and came with the plug. I bought some 4 core automotive wire as well then just cut a hole (took the size from the front one as it's exactly the same) and feed the wire through the roof panel. I just released the two clips that are around the middle of the roof and that gave enough room to get my wire through. Note that there is a small gap between the roof panel and crossbar so the cable doesn't get crushed but I dropped it so it was easier to get the cable through using a long piece of wire. I then just matched up the wire's and joined them and hey presto instant back light with full independent controls same as the front. Couple that with some led bulbs and it's brilliant.
Nice one, I'll be duplicating that.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Thought I would revive this thread as my Logan MCV 0.9TCe is 1 year and 1 week old, just over 10,000 miles and just had its first service.

Carlos' comments reflect my own experiences. This is the first new car I've owned, since my 1984 Mazda 323, that has not required any warranty or other work in its first year. That car ownership history includes Peugeot, Ford, Nissan and Fiat vehicles.

In addition, 10,000 miles has seen the tiny turbo-petrol engine settle down so that it give its power in a more relaxed and less erratic manner. Economy seems to have settled to around 46mpg, driving a mix of urban, country lanes and motorway.

Driving a relatively large car with this engine requires a rethink of technique. I have a relaxed driving style and find the Eco mode can be left on most of the time. I temporarily switch it off when on the slip-road, entering the motorway, when overtaking and on steep inclines where I know rpm will drop low. The engine will pull on the level in a higher gear much better than you would imagine. It growls a bit but isn't struggling and soon gets up to the legal limit. In fact, I rather like the 3 cylinder growl.

Load capacity is wonderful. As Carlos says, you need to climb in the boot sometimes to load up, although opening the rear doors is an alternative. The long rear overhang means heavy items should be loaded well forward for stability. The car is designed to ride at its best with a load, the bounciness when empty is eliminated.

The materials that the interior is made of may seem rather fragile, especially the boot floor but they have endured well so far.

This car is a keeper. I wouldn't mind a 7-seat, 4x4 Duster, hopefully with a 1.2TCe engine, if it is ever built. However, I would try to persuade my wife to give up her Sandero 1.2 Ambiance rather than lose the Logan MCV. (Maybe mothball the Sandero for my stepdaughter when she becomes old enough to drive).

The only Dacia in the UK range I've not owned is the Stepway but the Logan MCV remains the all-round jewel in the crown of Dacia.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also had the Logan for over a year now. What a great car, the TCE engine is better for the town/city where we manage 35MPG (sounds bad, but when you're sat in traffic with the AC going its relatively good).

Taken it on a few long trips and it doesn't struggle on the motorways at all like some review websites would like you to think. Drop into 4th and once you're in boost, there is more than enough power to keep up with traffic on the outside lanes.

Did the first service myself, what a pleasure to work on, conveniently placed oil filter and sump plug. Can't say the same for the cabin air filter which was an absolute pain first time around. Will be much easier next year. (anyone wondering, I have written photo guides for both on the forum).

In terms of design, everything seems to be well thought out except for the rubber on the outside of the front doors. The driver side one has worn out on the hinge side because the door rubs up against it when opened. Not too fussed but its probably the only thing that is badly designed on the entire car. The only other thing that annoys me slightly is how the clutch pedal is so much smaller than the brake. On LHD models, the clutch has a similar pedal grip to the brake but RHDs get that tiny weird looking thing.

Will continue servicing it once a year using genuine Renault parts. Hopefully this Logan is a long termer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts