1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what do we know about it?
  • Pre-registering is now open
  • A 573 litre boot which expands to 1,518 with the rear seats folded down
  • Choice of TCe 90 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine or dCi 90 diesel engine
  • Three simple trim levels
and that's about it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i always liked the mcv. the old one was great... you could carry Buckingham palace in the boot and still have room for the usual travel bags. not only that the old one was LONG.... and wide... like a proper estate should be.

I like the styling on the new one , looks great. I know for sure that it will be great. and for sure they will fit it with 7 seats as well , just like the old one. I don t really bother with the sandero or the sandero stepway (witch is rubbish) or with the lodgy or carrier variants , but the mcv is my type of car. I think , this , along side the duster , are some of the best cheap renaults money can buy. and I m romanian , I drove them all.

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
I think you're missing the point of the Stepway. The sandero with the same spec/equipment is more expensive than the equivalent Stepway........... In the UK the Stepway laureate comes with medianav, metallic paint, parking sensors, alloy-look wheels, for FREE. Its even got raised-suspension to help soak up the potholes in the UK, don't know how good Romanian roads are but this is a major problem for us over here - this should save us on wear and tear (suspension bits) during the lifetime of the vehicle. On the equivalent sandero you'd have to pay for all these bits as extras..... this is why i chose the Stepway over the sandero, to save money! The Stepway is costing me over £500 less than the sandero i nearly bought....! That's all the factual stuff covered.
In my own personal opinion, the Stepway looks (styling-wise) much nice than the normal sandero, ok maybe its a fake 4x4-looking type of car but so are all the 4x2 dusters also...........
Maybe this is the wrong section for this discussion but I had say all that! Lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's all a matter of Opinion I suppose and I also feel that smaller Cars are much more popular (from a style point of view) in the UK and Ireland than say the rest of Europe where smaller cars are more of a functional buy (possibly need to include Italy with us too). Obviously that is a massive sweeping statement and you do have hot hatches all over Europe but it is a mini industry over this side of the world and therefore a slightly different opinion on use and function.

Anyway back to the Logan

And by the way n3utr1n0 welcome and thanks for the excellent post on the Logan MCV we do value your comments.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
........... In the UK the Stepway laureate comes with medianav, metallic paint, parking sensors, alloy-look wheels, for FREE. Its even got raised-suspension to help soak up the potholes in the UK, don't know how good Romanian roads are but this is a major problem for us over here - this should save us on wear and tear (suspension bits) during the lifetime of the vehicle. On the equivalent sandero you'd have to pay for all these bits as extras..... this is why i chose the Stepway over the sandero, to save money! The Stepway is costing me over £500 less than the sandero i nearly bought....! That's all the factual stuff covered........
I've got to agree. I like the look of it, wife is happy to use it as a daily driver, loaded with bits n bobs (you forgot to mention the cruise control too) and the raised suspension is going to help with our crappy roads, (Just look at the sky news post I put in general chat, the roads are a mess jut now)
But each to there own, value for money is a big factor for me (I'm ditching a perfectly serviceable Audi A6 avant, it's for sale I anyone fancies it or knows someone who might, to drive a wee pug 206 sw as its cheaper to run) if I keep in with my good lady I might even get a wee drive of the Stepway every now and again) .
Lets not fall out over it. Big hugs n all that

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's all a matter of Opinion I suppose and I also feel that smaller Cars are much more popular (from a style point of view) in the UK and Ireland than say the rest of Europe where smaller cars are more of a functional buy (possibly need to include Italy with us too). Obviously that is a massive sweeping statement and you do have hot hatches all over Europe but it is a mini industry over this side of the world and therefore a slightly different opinion on use and function.

Anyway back to the Logan :unsure:

And by the way n3utr1n0 welcome and thanks for the excellent post on the Logan MCV we do value your comments.
thanks.... i have driven almost all dacias... so I tell what I actually think of them. the old mcv was a pleasure. it was like driving an audi allroad. it was long , wide and felt made out of titanium. really strong car. don t see why this one should be any different.

to bad they don't sell the logan (4dr) over here as well. I would rather have that than the sandero for example. but I think it s because the western countries have a soft spot for the hatch instead of saloons.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
u have to understand that dacia is new tu uk customers and it is RHD. the only factory for rhd is in india because of that and that is still a recently opened factory. another example is for lodgy witch is made in marocco only, even us in romania get the lodgy from marocco. if they change or invest in new line, factory, for rhd and the brand doesnt have demand in the uk wats the point and the prices would go through the roof also...it is in small steps litlle by little. if the uk will want dacia i bet they will deliver in a few years just like in germany witch is a very tough market and to many was a surprise the succes that the logan was

and about the safety isuses u all have them here is why dacia has 3 stars :

Additionally, all versions of Dacia Sandero and Sandero Stepway feature Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control (ASR) and Daytime Running Lights (DRL) as standard.

The Euro NCAP safety test, Dacia Duster scored the following results:
- Adult Occupant Protection: 4 stars
- Child Occupant Protection: 5 stars
- Pedestrian Impact Protection: 4 stars
- Safety Assist: 3 stars

The EuroNCAP Safety Assist test score comprises 3 elements. Duster achieved the following results:

- Speed limiter - 0 pts (as it is not available on Duster)
- Electronic Stability Control - 0 pts (as it is not fitted as standard to all Duster)
- Seatbelt reminder 2 pts

from http://www.dacia.co.uk/faq/

·
Registered
117 Posts
thanks.... i have driven almost all dacias... so I tell what I actually think of them. the old mcv was a pleasure. it was like driving an audi allroad. it was long , wide and felt made out of titanium. really strong car. don t see why this one should be any different.

to bad they don't sell the logan (4dr) over here as well. I would rather have that than the sandero for example. but I think it s because the western countries have a soft spot for the hatch instead of saloons.
To be honest I would rather have a Logan/saloon as well.

I was seriously considering a Skoda Rapid S 1.2 TSI but I settled on a Dacia quite simply because it is big and really that much cheaper (£2,000 cheaper than a similar supermini Kia Rio 1 or £4,000 for Rapid for example).

Also I prefer the simple pricing of Dacia and not having to play mind games in the showroom.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would prefer the Logan 4 door saloon too.

My last 2 cars (Mercedes E Class and Honda Accord) were both 4 door saloons.

I guess that is just my preference.

It is nice to have a rear wash/wipe again though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i always liked the mcv. the old one was great... you could carry Buckingham palace in the boot and still have room for the usual travel bags. not only that the old one was LONG.... and wide... like a proper estate should be.

I like the styling on the new one , looks great. I know for sure that it will be great. and for sure they will fit it with 7 seats as well , just like the old one. I don t really bother with the sandero or the sandero stepway (witch is rubbish) or with the lodgy or carrier variants , but the mcv is my type of car. I think , this , along side the duster , are some of the best cheap renaults money can buy. and I m romanian , I drove them all.
Dacia have the Lodgy as a 7 seater and have been on record to say that they will not make the new Logan MCV as a 7 seater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts