UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Are there any Logan owners out there who can give us the lowdown on owning the model. How does the 1200cc model in particular perform and whats it like to live with? Are you satisfied with your purchase?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Are there any Logan owners out there who can give us the lowdown on owning the model. How does the 1200cc model in particular perform and whats it like to live with? Are you satisfied with your purchase?
I asked the dealer about the 1.2, he just said no!
Got the tce instead, think the 1.2 will be fine reliable transport, nothing fast but hardly a liability.
The Logan feels fairly light to me anyway, can't be much heavier than a sandero as it falls into the same ved brackets as the sandero engines.
If I would have got the sandero I initially went for it would have been the 1.2, my wife gave her input on the matter and apparently it was a Logan I went for... silly me.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had my Logan since the 29th October 2013, and currently it sits on 43,325 miles. I bought it as a cheap car, planning to use it for two years or so as a work vehicle, then replace it with another if all was good.

In cold weather the heater is crap, taking close to thirty miles to warm the foot well, and that is not good enough. Twice they have had it back, and twice they said there is nothing wrong. I disagree, but given that I drive a minimum of 80 miles each way every work day, it is possible to survive. I had seen this as a deal breaker for any future purchases, but the more I drive it, the more I forgive this one problem due to the many strengths. The other problems?

THERE ARE NONE!

Mine is the diesel laureate model, only because I wanted the media nav, and as well as the media nav, it has the spare wheel, and mats, boot protector and arm rest. It is in white, and cost a little over eleven grand. Insurance for 65,000 work miles came in at £265, and overall, the servicing is not to expensive. It appears that there are two cheap services to every expensive one, and as long as you plan for that, all should be well. I had them work out a service plan for me, but it was costly due to my mileage, so best to put it into the bank each month.

The media nav is fantastic, with the sat nav only getting me wrong once so far, and that was close enough that I could see where I needed to be, and the sound quality is good enough for me, listening mainly to stories, and to radio 4. It is still on its first set of tyres, and will be post the next service, and it is returning around 67 miles per gallon. Whilst most of the mileage is with just me in it, there is often ten to fifteen five litre containers in the back, some tools and chemical dispensers, so I am more than happy with the running costs overall. I run it with the eco button in all the time as speed is not a huge issue to me, but when I have tried it without in central London, looking for a bit more nippiness off the lights, not seen any difference. With the bike carrier and two bikes on the back, the mileage per gallon goes down by a few, but always seems to pick back up over time

I have not seen any rust, and whilst there are a couple of small stone chips, only to be expected with the mileage, nothing major at all, and the paint seems ok. It is comfortable on long journeys, and my back and legs ache no more at the end of 500 miles in a day in this than in any other car or van I have driven previously.

Is it perfect, no, the heater issue does nark me a little, and when you have the cool air on, you may as well not bother and just go straight to the air con, but that is really the worse thing I can say about it. So far it has done everything asked of it well, and it is that light to drive that my wife, who dislikes parking anything bigger than her perodua nippa, is taking it out more and more. It is to early to say if or not I will buy another when this one dis, but certainly all is looking very good. Providing the price remains good, it must be probable, unless they start importing vans.

A happy customer I am

Tim

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had my Logan diesel since December last year, only covered 5500 miles with anything from 60 to 70 mpg depending on what roads I'm driving on.I have no serious complaints, only 1 or 2 annoying plastic vibrations,they annoy the wife more than me as I'm going a bit mutton-jeff!!.Insurance this year was a joke, I was insured with the A.A. and they quoted me £285 so I did the go compare and got it from the Post Office for £147 with exactly the same cover with the same company (L&V). I would recommend the car to anyone who wants a car for carrying goods etc as the boot is enormous,there is plenty of legroom front and back. I read in Rerotrim's report of his complaint about the heater taking a long time to warm up, I find mine takes 10-15 miles, the same as my previous car (Renault Clio with the same engine as the Logan) although it is well known that diesels take longer to warm up than petrols. All in all I'm very happy with the car, and would I buy another one? more than likely although when the time comes I may go for the Stepway as I my needs don't warrant me having a large estate car.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've had my Logan tce since may, all great so far as its done about everything I wished it to.
Fuel economy is reasonable being petrol driven the lowest 45 MPG driven fairly hard, and the highest around 55mpg during breaking in.
The paintwork has issues but for the price I guess I can forgive as there not that bad really, this size car in any other make would probably be near 20k. My boot ledge lip was scratched by a yardman at the tip 'helping' but any car would scratch with carpet dragged out of it.
I got the laureate but skipped on the media nav as I probably would never use it, I find the standard stereo good.
I drove it through some major flood water today with no problems at all.
It feels solid if not robust when driving, no flexing, no creaking etc...
The only major issue for me is the doors, why on earth have they set them with such a spring force? The wind caught the rear door today and my poor mum ended up with the corner jabbing her in the head!
Other than that all good, I've not used it in winter yet so can't comment on how hot it'll get, but the aircon is strong.
The speed limiter is the best thing, keeps me out of trouble.
The eco mode I gave up on ages ago, but I still press it from time to time as I'm a man, its a button, I've gotta press it.
The engine for anyone test driving a tce does need time to bed in, and the engine on a test car is likely to have very low mileage on it. mine was a pig with really bouncy gearchanges to start with, and it seemed to boost at random intervals, anyway give it chance, it gets alot better, i think some people are scared because its the newest engine, myself included, don't be, you'll have a great time with it.... now I'm off to get some wood to clad the sides with :)

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
360,000k with no problems. Routine maintenance and normal wear and tear. Will be getting another Dacia if this one ever wears out!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I needed a family car that was cheap to run, could take loads of gear for the kids and had the security of a manufacturer warranty.

The Dacia Logan ticks all these boxes. It's a utility car - not a status symbol nor overcompensating for something. I like it all the better for that.

Sure, its basic and won't win any design awards, but it's actually simple and clearly laid out inside. The ride is old-school comfortable - the kids prefer it to our "nicer car". There's space for everything and it's remarkably well screwed together.

The engine is a cracker - running on either LPG or petrol. It's powerful enough for long motorway runs or when fully loaded, and actually pretty decent around town. A full tank of LPG is about £20, from which you get 300 miles. Combined with a full tank of petrol, this car could do 800 miles before bothering a forecourt again. It makes a nice, non-intrusive 3 cylinder noise too.

I think there's something reassuring about a family car with big balloon tyres that can charge through Britain's terrible potholes without frightening your bank manager, and go for the basic white colour like I did so when your kids bang the door open onto a stone wall (which they will), you can touch up the paint with Tippex.

New big, comfy car for about the cost of a big shop every month? Happy days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts