UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst staying in the UK and looking at the dacia Duster model ,I logged onto the Dacia.es site ,more by habit (I live in Spain) than design,I found I was looking at the "New Duster" Ambience ,available with options for aircon,media nav ,etc,it's all laid out similar to the dacia .co.uk site ,plus a choice of three engines ,diesel,petrol or lpg+petrol ,I configured all the options I felt would be nice to have and it came to €18,160,(£14,696).

I then wandered over to the dacia.co.uk site same model ,same engine (Diesel) with a choice of packs ,looking at it ,no aircon,no medianav and it came to £15,145 (€18,713).

In Spain you have to add the IVA (VAT) at 21% plus local taxes maybe about a €100 (road tax),not much ,(on my Dokker I pay €57),but I assume in the UK the VAT is about the same ,so I am guessing the right hand drive vehicle models are lagging behind the same left hand drive models in terms of updates to the specification.

Not a complaint ,just an observation as I think that it is still a "cracking" vehicle for the money in the UK ,it just seems that our fellow Dacia buyers in the EU get a lot more for their money.

Any thoughts or comments out there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Having driven Dusters in both England and Spain there are very few differences, however DRL or daytime riding lights seem to be standard in Spain, these are built into the headlight unit, this i assume is why the wiring is included on the UK version, i know many do not like DRL's but I wish they were on my Duster as they really are a safety addition that has been proved by Volvo for many years

1 - 2 of 2 Posts