UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had the misfortune to read the comments on one of dacias adverts on Facebook, besides the 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back, I did notice alot of negative comments on there from people who know nothing about it, but just seem to want to bring it down for no reason, (some have had big problems though) don't those people realise there's no such thing as bad publicity? Every new comment springs the ad back up to the top of the fb page, and it will put the advert on their friends page also when they comment, the ads a few months old now and it still creeps its way back up to the top quite regularly.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't don facebook, never had and probably never will. I leave that to the missus and me daughter.

As Dacias are a budget brand, many people will shy away in the thinking that if they're cheap, they must be nasty. So they leave negative comments in their small minded mentality. If they weren't so blinkered and got themselves down to a dealer and had a poke around, they would be surprised. Or is the fact that Dacia are a budget brand and they would rather have a non budget brand to keep up with the Jones' at the club etc?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't don facebook, never had and probably never will. I leave that to the missus and me daughter.

As Dacias are a budget brand, many people will shy away in the thinking that if they're cheap, they must be nasty. So they leave negative comments in their small minded mentality. If they weren't so blinkered and got themselves down to a dealer and had a poke around, they would be surprised. Or is the fact that Dacia are a budget brand and they would rather have a non budget brand to keep up with the Jones' at the club etc?
I didn't 'facebook' until the wife insisted lol.
Just confuses me, I personally couldn't warrant spending double (or more) on a VW, a merc or a BMW... or even as I always used to a new Ford, I since 05 have always bought new fords, which haven't always been that great, but Ford has priced a man on my wage out of their market now.
A dacia Logan with a family of my size is the best I can buy for what money I'm willing to spend on a vehicle, dacia are on to a winner, I'd have to go about 4 years old for a focus of similar spec, what annoys me is the comparing to the likes of vw skoda etc, the only thing they manufacter that comes close to the price is the up and citigo, now try getting 3 kids 2 adults, a labrador, a babys highchair and a large buggy in one of those.people will buy dacias because of their good value, nothing new comes close to the price.
The days of Mondeo man are long gone for me as the average family man will struggle to afford one now,
long live Logan man (doesn't quite have the same ring to it) :D

Sent from my Blade using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can keep the Mondeo, or mundane as I like to call them. Worked on them and driven them and I don't like them.

I'm lucky, if you can being disabled lucky, as I can get a new car every three years on motability. Ok, it costs me my mobility, but I still get my care component. Currently I have a Scenic with about 15 months left before I can change it. I would like a Dacia Duster next, but they don't do them on motability yet. A Sandero Stepway is available, but the boot is too small, same as the Renault Captur. Most vehicles are too low for me to get in and out of easily on a daily basis, so I need something higher.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can keep the Mondeo, or mundane as I like to call them. Worked on them and driven them and I don't like them.

I'm lucky, if you can being disabled lucky, as I can get a new car every three years on motability. Ok, it costs me my mobility, but I still get my care component. Currently I have a Scenic with
about 15 months left before I can change it. I would like a Dacia Duster next, but they don't do them on motability yet. A Sandero Stepway is available, but the boot is too small, same as the Renault Captur. Most vehicles are too low for me to get in and out of easily on a daily basis, so I need something higher.
no duster? Surely mototorbility is a manufacturers biggest customer? I do like renaults, but the amount of plastic they put in the external bodywork scares me (one crashed into me last year) thankfully dacia is all metal :D
How about a Logan? The boots big, low and my dad manages to sit himself into it and swing his legs in just fine if you know what I mean? He struggles with our other car as the seats are further tucked into the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got osteoarthritis in my knees, hips, spine, shoulders, neck, toes and hands. Luckily my toes and hands aren't too bad. hands usually play up if I'm outdoors, so gloves are necessaryy. Also I got spondylitis and prolapsed discs in my spine. Basically, my back and hips are the worst affected areas, hence why I need something a bit higher than usual. A 4X4 like a Land Rover etc are too high as I have tried those. I actually wanted a Megane Sport Tourer, but it is too low, so I went for a Scenic, which is ideal.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I got osteoarthritis in my knees, hips, spine, shoulders, neck, toes and hands. Luckily my toes and hands aren't too bad. hands usually play up if I'm outdoors, so gloves are necessaryy. Also I got spondylitis and prolapsed discs in my spine. Basically, my back and hips are the worst affected areas, hence why I need something a bit higher than usual. A 4X4 like a Land Rover etc are too high as I have tried those. I actually wanted a Megane Sport Tourer, but it is too low, so I went for a Scenic, which is ideal.
oh dear, the duster sounds a safer bet, my wife wanted us to get one, but it was above what I (a man with Scottish blood) was willing to pay for a car that the kids will destroy from inside out, Renault scenic is something we'll be looking at as we could do with a 7 seater now... the old shape zafira looks more value for money though, if its still available that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts