UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

My first post so please be gentle... I've just taken stock of my new Dacia Sandero Stepway lauréate and the girl from Arnold Clark has told me that they're going up in price in the next few weeks.

An increase of £500 for the Duster and a £400 for the Sandero's.

Don't see any reason why she'd lie to me so anyone thinking about buying one might be best to consider this side of the New Year.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Well if Dacia have said they can discount, they're bound to put the price up first.

·
Registered
199 Posts
We have always been able to discount; being told not to by the manufacturer is illegal however what is the point in discounting a product that is a) cheap in the first place, b.) doesn't count or pay towards any targets; either Renault or Dacia (Dacia doesn't have targets anyway) c) there is no bonus payment to the dealer upon hitting certain sales (see b.) and d) where the margin is so small that selling a Sandero Ambiance 1.2 can nett the dealer only £130 this is before paying the salesman.

As for a price rise, I haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As for a price rise, I haven't heard anything.
Salesman at my local dealership told me that Dusters were to rise in price by up to £1000. I saw no reason for him to lie to me. i.e it wasn't part of any sales technique to get me to place an order as I've had my car for some time now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all , I think the ESC has got to be fitted as standard after 1st Jan. So the cost will go up to cover it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok I have found info on this, the price increases affect the Stepway and Duster; we are looking at increases of:

• Duster Access 4x2 increases by £500
  • Duster Access 4x4 increases by £400
  • Duster Ambiance 4x2 increases by £400
  • Duster Ambiance 4x4 increases by £300
  • Duster Laureate 4x2 increases by £300
  • Duster Laureate 4x4 increases by £200

The spec will be changing on Dusters to include ESC and a gear change indicator and an ECO mode, Lureate will also gain cruise control and speed limiter and external temp gauge and the option of Media Nav @ £300 and the removal of the roof storage compartment.

Existing Dusters in the system will remain at the current price until stocks are depleted however the next batch coming in will be 2014 spec, they will be here in time for Feb deliveries.

• Stepway Ambiance increases by £400
  • Stepway Laureate increases by £200

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not £1000 as ESC is £350 and I would hazard a guess at cruise being around £250 so £600; MediaNav will be a cost option, however it still represents great value for money, I would also think it will be re-crash tested too as both ESC and cruise with limiter add to the points scoring so it may well add a star.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hip99 can I clarify, the Access will get ESC but does it also get the gear change indicator and ECO mode, are they any use on the 1.6 petrol?
According to the alert is says all versions; so yes, as long as there isn't a mistake.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I suspect that all models will get ESC as a response to European law, it was said here that only 'New' cars needed to be fitted with it and the Duster being an 'old' model was exempt but maybe that was wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Okay! calm down. We all know that the prices for 2013 are to say the least a bargain. Dusters had problems in the first few months, all sorted now, Stepways seem to be very good, Sandero are also great, Logan what a bargain. There are fantastic deals in Renault, Vauxhall. At quite a few garages. The Dacia range have real fans, that tells us and anyone reading this forum that we like them. As any mass produced product will have the odd dud or problem, Dacia are trying to be excellent. Well done! I am impressed.

All this chat about price increases or falls, the market will dictate the future, but 2013 has been a great year for Dacia. And this forum, both being honest and what you see is what you get. Services are best paid in advance, 3 year deals saves money, a spare will be better than an inflation kit, but there are choices for most pockets enabling the individual to select their car.

Enjoy! ;)
Wonder if the price hikes allow for extra paint? (Sorry, just couldn't resist! :D) Fluffy in for dealer rust-inspection 2mor.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Judging by the prices I would expect a can of paint in the boot. Except white.
Now; a can of paint in the boot with every new Duster would be cool. I doubt the marketing "guys" would give that a thumbs up though, especially as the white ones will need to come with a 5 gal. can. The size of the latter would almost certainly give the game away to prospective white Duster buyers!!!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I was wondering what the big round depression in the boot floor was for? Some say it is for an inflation kit, others say it is for a spare tyre. 5 gallons of paint now that would be useful.

Seriously sorry to see that you are having paint trouble, Photo?
Photos elsewhere - I'll try remember which thread and provide pointer idc or (perhaps) you might look through my recent posts ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts