UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am totally stupid with mechanics but wonder if there are some people able to give advice on the EU headlamps i have in this Dacia of mine. The car is secondhand and obviously been in a fender bender and without knowing I bought it to find that on its first MOT it failed as it has EU headlamps which point apparently as per the MOT test centre in the wrong direction. AS a result I would need to replace these with UK headlamps . The dealership wants nearly a 1000 Pounds for this 1.5 hour task. is there any way of adjusting the beam ?will a 2017 and a 2019 headlamp be the same ? dose any one know of a suitable car being broken down ? on line there is nothing. The dealership cant say when they will get the part if available when the MOT runs out there is no extension the dampers are apparently unacceptable ... can anyone send a little advice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am puzzled. :

Does it have a current MOT.
£1000 for a 1.5 hour work - get some more estimates and advice.
Has the 3 year DACIA Warranty finished .
Some headlights are adjustable.
I understand that you can buy stickers for some headlights glass that makes them uk legal

Ambvol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am puzzled. :

Does it have a current MOT.
£1000 for a 1.5 hour work - get some more estimates and advice.
Has the 3 year DACIA Warranty finished .
Some headlights are adjustable.
I understand that you can buy stickers for some headlights glass that makes them uk legal

Ambvol
Hi no it is the first MOT the MOT place told me that dampers are not allowed and would not pass it the lights cost 380 and some change each the warranty doesn't replace replaced parts as it apparently as per the agent been in a accident and both lights were replaced

·
Registered
78 Posts
I assume this car has been in an accident and headlights from a left hand drive car were fitted? Either that was a genuine mistake or this car was repaired by the previous owner as cheaply as possible.

I assume the £1000 includes the cost of the headlights? If it was me I would be trying to find a pair on eBay and fitting them myself. If it is anything like every other Renault I have ever worked on the bumper will need to come off.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway II, 1977 MGB Roadster
426 Posts
I think I would take the car back to the dealer. It seems to me that you have been sold a heap of rubbish, which leaves me wondering what else is wrong with it - especially as you say you’re stupid with mechanics.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think I would take the car back to the dealer. It seems to me that you have been sold a heap of rubbish, which leaves me wondering what else is wrong with it - especially as you say you’re stupid with mechanics.
I would tend to agree. If a dealer sold you the car then they sold it in an roadworthy state, which is illegal. Take it back and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,226 Posts
Did you buy it from a Dacia/Renault dealer ? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts