UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not just cheap, but arse-out, rock-bottom cheap. It costs £5,995, which is £10,000 cheaper than the average price for a new car."

"It doesn't so much seem basic as brutally regressive. It feels like the car your dad used to moan about driving 20 years ago, unlocking his door with a key, then leaning over to pull up the buttons on the three other doors."

"The worst car I have ever driven, yes, but also the best car I have ever driven that costs less than £6,000."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/22/dacia-sandero-car-review

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Review the most basic model and then moan about it being basic!

Its a bit like flying Easyjet and complaining it wasn't British Airways Business Class. No, but you get there for £30 instead of £300.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the motor industry as a whole is not keen on the Dacia pricing model, as it is making similar small hatchbacks look rather over-priced.

A friend of mine at work just bought a 9 month old Fiesta 1.25 edge, for £9500, in white, spec is pretty much the same as my Laureate but hers has voice control. She said it had all these extras like aircon, usb, bluetooth. I said my Dacia has all of those and I have a 5 year warranty and has just over 2 years left. She looked a little miffed by that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're probably not far off there mistercovert! Not good for profits of other better known companies!

btw I posted a comment about the video not being up to date but comments seem to have disappeared!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had a laugh at the review, obviously not as old as me cause if the Sandero is the worst irrespective of cost, must never have driven a Lada Riva or Samara Fiat Panda or 126 or a Daewoo Matiz with a 600cc engine these where all cheap cars, I drove a Samara in 1993 when they cost £5000 and that was pretty bad. My point that was 20 years ago the basic Sandero costs a 1000 quid more now take into account the difference in VAT from then to now and i think the Dacia represents value for money. There seems to be so much garbage talked about cars in the press and on the net they dont compare like with like, as chrisl300 says you dont compare a budget airline with BA, some journalists should review the car that gets you from a - b for little money and not be so elitist, we cannot all afford a bloody Top Gear reasonably priced car at 17 grand.grrrrrrrr rant over :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just left a comment (simon2110) I hate negative journalism they didn't mention the Ambiance spec just £800 more.....

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
535 Posts
I saw something in all the Dacia reviews/test drives. All the reviewers, because of the low price, are very strict with the car. They search defects and where the costs are cut and some of those defects can be found also on other cars. And they ignore the fact that other manufacturers have a very basic starting trim.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Motoring journalists are far too busy crawling up the derrieres of the big makers to give an honest review of the Sandero. If they described it accurately - low cost, high reliability, honest basic motoring - they'd have problems the next time they ask the big boys for a 12-month 'extended test' car ( = free motoring) with all the bells and whistles.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts