UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought the harness & aerial adaptor a few weeks ago as I thought the car came with single din. Have ordered one last night so can't really do anything till it arrives. Sorry that is not much use to use Plissken.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a good look round the dash yesterday & from what I could see, there are 2 hex screws hidden under the heater knobs (or in my case only 1 as 1 is missing).......... :angry: .......... I reckon these hold the outer casing on so that you can access the facia which is fastened by a further 4 screws. That's my theory as the aftermarket facia has 4 points of fastening.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a good look round the dash yesterday & from what I could see, there are 2 hex screws hidden under the heater knobs (or in my case only 1 as 1 is missing).......... :angry: .......... I reckon these hold the outer casing on so that you can access the facia which is fastened by a further 4 screws. That's my theory as the aftermarket facia has 4 points of fastening.
The outer casing is held on by 8 sprung clips. There are no screws holding it in place and like you said the stereo fascia is held on by 4 screws.

Hopefully when the kit arrives I'll post some photo's of how it was done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To remove the outer casing you want to start at the bottom of the outer casing where it curves around the dash.

use something thin, like a long thin cake spatula to prise off the outer casing

dscf0634c.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plissken;

Took my 3 daya old Sandero to Halfords and another cd player fitter who was too scared to remove the panel to fit the single din facia.

I tried using a plastic tool to lever starting at the bottom of the panel but having heard the straining of what sounds like brittle plastic cracking I abandoned the attempt in case I broke the snap fit lugs off( as a photo posted, looks as if the R/H bottom lug has broken off) on being removed.

Please let me know how you have gone on and any phots would be of great help and info on detail of removing the panel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Plissken;

Took my 3 daya old Sandero to Halfords and another cd player fitter who was too scared to remove the panel to fit the single din facia.

I tried using a plastic tool to lever starting at the bottom of the panel but having heard the straining of what sounds like brittle plastic cracking I abandoned the attempt in case I broke the snap fit lugs off( as a photo posted, looks as if the R/H bottom lug has broken off) on being removed.

Please let me know how you have gone on and any phots would be of great help and info on detail of removing the panel.
Hi, Troy. You want to start at the bottom of the outer casing where it curves under the dash. Use a flat bladed tool. I use a cake spatula like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tala-9355-Spatula/dp/B004W75YC6/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1366401362&sr=1-3&keywords=cake+spatula

Slide the blade/tool into the bottom lip and slowly prise the outer casing off working your way up. Try and do it on a warm day as the plastic is more pliable/flexible.

The photo posted above is the one I took off my car there is no R/H broken lug. I will post a full tutorial when I get the single din fitting kit. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plissken;

Many thanks for your fast reply,I have to admit i did manage(using the wrong tool) to get the bottom part of the outer trim off but stop working the way up towards the centre as the plastic trim narrows and I was afraid it might snap in half, really is a nightmare of a job.

I await your full tutorial post and again thank you for your time to reply.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plissken;

Hi, MY single din fascia, aerial adapter and wiring harness arrived today (from ebay) I went to motormania and tried a sony player and found although it gets power and the cd plays, there was no sound?the bloke said it could be the adapters no good that came with the ebay kit or my speakers are wired up different.I did ask the dacia dealer last week who assured me that it was a matter of dropping a cd player in place and that's it.

so i am stuck now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I managed to take the outer casing off, no problem. What model have you got Troy? Are any speakers fitted?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Bigmallly,

I got the cover off eventually,my car is the basic sandero access ,and I now think there are no speakers fitted ,now looking to what type to fit,I have never done this before so any info on what speakers I need would be of great help?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Troy. There are no speakers in the Access. there are wires for the front but no wires for the rear.

To fit the front speakers you'll have to take off the door panels as the speaker grills are molded part of the door panel.

The speakers for the sandero are 13cm Here's the ones I'm getting for my car http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006NU551A/ref=asc_df_B006NU551A12900567?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B006NU551A&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1234567890&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

you might need these speaker adaptors so you don't have to cut the connectors off http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT55-17-DACIA-SANDERO-2012-ONWARDS-SPEAKER-ADAPTOR-CABLES-LEADS-PAIR-/380567089382?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item589b90f0e6

·
Registered
310 Posts
Troy, just follow this thread as we are both fitting radios, we're both just waiting for parts to be delivered.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts