UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone driven the sandero stepway ambiance diesel as I have read its a bit noisey and you can feel the vibration a bit also when driving on a carriageway you can hear wind noise through the roof bars

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
It all depends what it is being compared too. I think some of the reviewers are forgetting where on the grand scale of things, and who, the dacia range is aimed at. It is not a top of the range Audi or Porsche, it is a sensibly priced new car that should give miles and miles of trouble free motoring to the mass market. I have a 2001 A6 and I notice my wife's 54 plate 206sw is noisier but that doesn't make the 206 a bad car to own or buy, it has done the job of ferrying my wife and wee girl about safely for about 4 years. Both cars have roof rails and I can't say I've ever had a prob with them, I'm not worried about the Stepway. Sure it might be a bit less refined but I'm sure 70mpg will help to accept a wee bit more noise.. I've never owned a new car before, and technically I'm still not owning a new car as the Stepway is for Louise, but I'm really excited about the prospect of getting a car that is factory fresh with the spec of the Stepway, we plumped for the laureate dci, MediaNav is fantastic, reversing sensors, cruise control, aircon, Lou is tickled pink. And it will arrive June/ July all going well. Nice time for picnics and family outings.
happy days to come.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with NC. Some of these professional reviewers are testing different cars on a weekly basis most probably. One day they may be behind the wheel of a bmw or merc and the next day a Stepway. They are bound to make comparisons and they are unlikely to favour the Stepway but as Dacia admit themselves they are expecting a lot of their customers to have never owned a new car before and as such will be more than pleased with what they get (hopefully).

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I saw that vid the other day. They driver must have had a fair pair. I was impressed it went through it so easily steppy didn't even flinch. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think if the water level was a foot higher it may have had difficulty as water would then start spilling up the bonnet and into seqls and vents

·
Registered
3 Posts
For all the people thinking of buying a stepway and worrying about wind noise or body roll or refinement let me put your mind at ease for the last five years i owned a vauxhall vectra design that had quite a high spec of equipment, but new car time and decided to test drive the stepway on a whim and was very pleasently surprised i do a lot of rural driving with lots of tight twisty bends and the stepway handles aswell as vectra did can corner at 60mph with no more body roll than you would expect from any other car in that class,roof rail wind noise is not noticable at 60 dont know about higher speed i have also driven the nissan qashqai and found they drive very similar and the diesel engines were as noisey as each other this is because renault nissan share technology and renault have used the 1.5 engine for years so it will be bullet proof but stepway is half the price tag of either nissan or renault cartur for a reason though there are many other bells and whistles on higher priced cars ie reversing cameras and such like its all about what you want to pay for so my advise to anyone reading reviews of the stepway is dont bother and go drive the car for a pleasent surprise. I opted for the petrol model as i always do, :D got delivery of mine this week :D and although i have only driven 200 miles so far im very impessed.. hope this helps

1 - 20 of 59 Posts