UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am considering buying a Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate car, but want to find out the answer to a couple of questions.

1. In terms of the built in sat nav, please can someone tell me exactly what Points of Interest it can display e.g petrol stations, cash points, restaurants etc. Also does it offer both 2d and 3d view, and what are peoples opinions of it. I currently have a Mercedes with a built in Comand system which is an excellent sat nav so I wonder if it will be similar. Also I assume I don't need a smartphone to access any of the features?

2. On the 1.5 engine diesel version, on journeys around town what fuel consumption are people getting realistically?

3. If I purchase a second hand 1 year old car, which will obviously still be under warranty, if I add on front parking sensors myself would this invalidate the warranty at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the medianav in my duster Prime and to be honest it's not that great save your money and buy a dedicated Android system

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi I find the satnav to be good you can display any or all of the poi's just pick them from the list in the settings.
You can pick 2d or 3d.
Plus you don't need a smartphone to use the system.
Running around town I get 55.6 mpg in my 1.5 dci Logan.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Hello, I am considering buying a Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate car, but want to find out the answer to a couple of questions.

1. In terms of the built in sat nav, please can someone tell me exactly what Points of Interest it can display e.g petrol stations, cash points, restaurants etc. Also does it offer both 2d and 3d view, and what are peoples opinions of it. I currently have a Mercedes with a built in Comand system which is an excellent sat nav so I wonder if it will be similar. Also I assume I don't need a smartphone to access any of the features?

2. On the 1.5 engine diesel version, on journeys around town what fuel consumption are people getting realistically?

3. If I purchase a second hand 1 year old car, which will obviously still be under warranty, if I add on front parking sensors myself would this invalidate the warranty at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
HI, NewbyDacia, welcome to the forum !

This is the first time I have owned a SatNav and I think it's great !

1) The POI cover all you ask can be 2D or 3D

2) I get an average of about 54 mpg around town, but I have a heavy foot !

3) You would have to ask Dacia Relations Services re. warranty 0344 335 1111

Roger ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Sat Nav is just OK, it will get you there. but the map updates etc. are costly at about £70 when you can buy a TOMTOM with lifetime updates for less than £100, yes I know the fact it is built in and you have no wires, I have never updated mine (Nearly 3 yrs old now) because I will not be held to ransom to keep it up to date, when I can use FREE apps on my phone. GET REAL DACIA/RENAULT

·
Registered
4 Posts
The missus generally gets about 49mpg in town - very short drives.

I get about 60 mpg if I take the car for a commute on A -roads / B--roads.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
This is the first time I have owned a SatNav and I think it's great !
Reminds me of my first one,,,about a month after they were brought out.

Had it delivered to work,,, it arrived about 4-30pm,,, couldnt wait to play with it.......... didnt have time to read instructions ( as usual )

Finished work at 5pm...,,,, set off home ( 2 miles away from work )

got home at 8-15pm........... heheheh

:wub:

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
All good here too Newby...

1. satnav fine,

2. consumption,,,,, 50 mpg Plus ....without trying...about town,,,,

.. 60 ish mpg on a run..... without trying.

and if you really try , and stick at about 55-- 60mph,,, then touching High 60`s.

3. Not sure,,,, but ` Nessi ` will know,,and be along shortly with the answer.

all in all ..... happy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts