UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Dacia Sandero access has been struggling starting.

I've done 5000 miles, the problem started a few months ago (6months old car now), it wouldnt start first turn of the key it wasnt everytime just randomly every week or 2. But on Monday night it wouldnt start for more than 15mins of trying was about to give up and call break down but it finally started.

I tried to book it in about 6 weeks ago but there were no courtesy cars available and the renault dealer in Blackburn was generally unhelpful.

Booked it in for thursday, I just wondered if this was a common problem read some other posts about engine problems?

Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi, my Dacia Sandero access has been struggling starting.

I've done 5000 miles, the problem started a few months ago (6months old car now), it wouldnt start first turn of the key it wasnt everytime just randomly every week or 2. But on Monday night it wouldnt start for more than 15mins of trying was about to give up and call break down but it finally started.

I tried to book it in about 6 weeks ago but there were no courtesy cars available and the renault dealer in Blackburn was generally unhelpful.

Booked it in for thursday, I just wondered if this was a common problem read some other posts about engine problems?

Thanks

Craig
could be a faulty key transponder within the key itself or something, our iveco at work sometimes used say the key code isn't there when trying to start.
got a new key on Monday and he's not had the problem since, try the spare just in case, probably not the issue but worth a try.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am getting the same problem with my 11 month old 1.2 sandero, very intermittent fault...always seems to happen when the missus is driving, happened to me 3 times as well, we are going to use only one of the ignition keys to rule out a faulty key fob, anyone else have any ideas? same problem? im asking as I am very sure the dealer will just fob us off if the fault is not immediately viewable.

very happy with the car so far, apart from this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts