UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the dacia sandero factory ive been told mine should be leaving the factory next week but i wont be able to collect it fron dealer for another month seems a long time :(

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Now, Geraint... Is it definitely Romania? I was told it was Casablanca for the RHD models. I ordered mine on the 20th april and it should be arriving late next month. Just out of interest inchybaby, which model have you gone for? Access take a lot longer to be delivered because so few are sold, with Laureate taking the next longest, and Ambiance being the quickest... Remember, it's not just travel time. It has to have PDI, then any extras you've ordered have to be fitted, then it has a dealer inspection, and has to be registered etc... Unfortunately, these things take time...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive ordered the amibiance in white i ordered it on the 9th of march and my estimated delivery date is 18th of june...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice the media nav looks good if they had that as an extra on the ambience i would of snapped it up lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine seems to be taking longer than a lot of peoples, or is that because I ordered the diesel.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
So, obviously I haven't been here for as long as Geraint, but I asked exactly the same question a few weeks ago, and I was told that they come from Cassablanca, Morocco.
There are people on here that have waited 6 months - 1 year for their car to arrive. I don't think Dacia expected their cars to sell quite so well as they are doing over here, so production is quite slow, considering they still make the LHD models for the rest of Europe and other countries. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to speed it up, just wait it out. If you're given a date by the Dealer, and it does't arrive within 30 days of that date, you have grounds to take action and have a reduced payment (as far as I'm aware)

Hope this has helped :)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
The really long waits were when the new models were released last year. Dacia were taken by surprise by the sales and the cars were made to order!

They are mostly still made to order but there are a few more knocking around "in stock" now but if you order specifics that are not in the pipeline then unfortunately there is a bit of a wait normally around 12 weeks on average I have found BUT it is worth the wait! I stil get a smile on my face when I steal the wifes Sandero and nip around the city in it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got email from dealer, original delivery date 25th June, but says it looks like earlier now. Didn't give à new date though,.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer said to me that sometimes they just randomly turn up at the dealership so said it maybe earlier then my due date.... or maybe not lol...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts