UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea of servicing costs for Dacia's?

I was just wondering as the mark up for dealers is so small on car sales, are we going to get stung for high servicing and parts.

Just a thought.

Oh, hang on I forgot, that applies to when we actually receive our motors of course!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of servicing costs for Dacia's?

I was just wondering as the mark up for dealers is so small on car sales, are we going to get stung for high servicing and parts.

Just a thought.

Oh, hang on I forgot, that applies to when we actually receive our motors of course!
Judging by the UK parts prices on this site it could be a nasty surprise for some, The manufacturers and dealers have to make their money somewhere. A bit like the cheap ink jet printer with ink that costs more than champagne.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The dealership I am buying from has offered a package of 3 services and one MOT for £359. That seems a bargain for main dealer servicing.

Reactions: thebaron

·
Registered
193 Posts
It seems that with a lot of servicing it is totally dependent on the dearship.

For example, servicing on my Twingo 133 was actually cheaper at my local dealers as they had a special on servicing than I was offered as a discount rate from another dealership.

Will have to wait and see. Personally, I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they made their servicing more pricey than a standard Renault. People would catch on quickly to that trick if they tried it. Personally I wouldn't expect it to cost any more than a normal Renault.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My dealer quoted £585 for 3 year and £359 for 2 year service plans for my Duster ambiance. You could pay them up front or by monthly instalments.

billyblue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer quoted £585 for 3 year and £359 for 2 year service plans for my Duster ambiance. You could pay them up front or by monthly instalments.

billyblue.
Think they're taking the piss a little.. my dealership (Arnold Clarke) are offering the 2yr at £239 and 3yr (which I went with) at £379 including the 1st MOT it would need at 3yrs.

I've just paid £342 for my V60's 1st service at Volvo!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was told by SMC Renault dealer in Weybridge Surrey that service cost are £165 for 12 month and £195 for 24 month services for a Dacia Duster Diesel 2 WD 2013 model.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Don't forget it does NOT have to go to the dealer for its service to keep warranty valid as long as O.E spec parts are used (again genuine are not required just a reputable brand... Mahle, Fram etc) and the right spec oil The garage needs to be a VAT registered garage and the book needs stamping.

So as I work in a motor factors - For my Sandero's first service (oil change and vehicle check) the parts will be £25 and mates rates for labour

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would do my oil changes my self and the filter too but there are other filters to change too that i dont know about. If the services are simple oil and filter why so expensive i wonder for a 1.5 diesel Duster 2wd????? I know all thats done is the oil and filter and a quick look at other things but no physical changes like pads etc or other parts. So is it a rip off just to get a stamp in the book? I have to get stamps as i paid for a five year warranty...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would do my oil changes my self and the filter too but there are other filters to change too that i dont know about. If the services are simple oil and filter why so expensive i wonder for a 1.5 diesel Duster 2wd????? I know all thats done is the oil and filter and a quick look at other things but no physical changes like pads etc or other parts. So is it a rip off just to get a stamp in the book? I have to get stamps as i paid for a five year warranty...
It may well need a fuel filter each time a lot of diesels do.... but you need to check on the extended warranty whether the stamp has to be a dealer stamp as on a standard warranty it doesn't (E.U law... I knew the E.U had to be good for something)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts