UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a source of steering geometry data for contemporary Dacias. More specifically, I would like the front wheel alignment (toe in or toe out) for the Sandero and Logan MCV post 2013.

My wife's Sandero wears the passenger side front tyre excessively on its outer edge and I've decided to try out the modestly priced Trackace device on our cars.

Now, it's not the end of the World if I cannot obtain these data since I'm certain that the setting on my Logan MCV is correct and also that the Sandero is set up identically to the Logan MCV. I can take readings on both cars and compare.

It's also possible that the Sandero is set up correctly and that the excess wear reflects its mainly urban use (lots of roundabouts so much more turning right at moderate speed than left).

You may ask "why bother to do this yourself?"

Well, partly because it interests me, I like tinkering and because I don't always trust tyre fitters to take correct readings, or if they do, to set the geometry correctly. Sometimes they will adjust the track rod on one side only leaving the steering rack off centre.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm looking for a source of steering geometry data for contemporary Dacias. More specifically, I would like the front wheel alignment (toe in or toe out) for the Sandero and Logan MCV post 2013.
My wife's Sandero wears the passenger side front tyre excessively on its outer edge and I've decided to try out the modestly priced Trackace device on our cars.
Now, it's not the end of the World if I cannot obtain these data since I'm certain that the setting on my Logan MCV is correct and also that the Sandero is set up identically to the Logan MCV. I can take readings on both cars and compare.
It's also possible that the Sandero is set up correctly and that the excess wear reflects its mainly urban use (lots of roundabouts so much more turning right at moderate speed than left).
You may ask "why bother to do this yourself?"
Well, partly because it interests me, I like tinkering and because I don't always trust tyre fitters to take correct readings, or if they do, to set the geometry correctly. Sometimes they will adjust the track rod on one side only leaving the steering rack off centre.
Thanks in anticipation of your help.
my pixos passenger side wheel was showing less tread than the drivers, it drove in a straight line, the tracking was ok as I had it checked when I first noticed, I'd gather it to be down to the camber in the road, and like you said roundabouts.
Would have thought my excessive weight would have biased the drivers side's wear though ;-)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thanks for your comments, Carlos.
not that helpful I know, sorry.
I don't go much on all things technical, if I can ease off the steering wheel and it doesn't veer off I've always considered it ok, our c max has had 4 wheel alignment re done a few times, and it's always out, but that's probably due to my wife bouncing it from kerb to kerb on most journeys.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dacia specs are given in degrees and seconds of arc

Sandero Stepway

Castor Non Adjustable +5 deg 28 sec tolerance +/- 60 sec

Camber Non Adjustable -30 secs tolerance +/- 60 secs

Pivot Non Adjustable +11 deg 23 sec tolerance +/- 35 sec

Front wheel alignment Adjustable Toe Out -10 secs total for both wheels tolerance +/- 10 secs

Note Caster, Camber and Pivot angle are dependant upon suspension type, in markets where they fit reinforced suspension the values are all different - still non adjustable.

As far as I can tell regardless of suspension type front wheel alignment is always -10 secs +/- 10 secs.

i.e. that's 0 to -20 secs to be within spec. so its a toe out setup.

Note again this is total toe out for both wheels so maximum toe out for one wheel is -10 secs.

I don't have any Data on the MCV but I would suspect its the same as the Sandero and Stepway, Renault list the Stepway as a Logan in the repair manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts