Short Description: Lil Blue, or Bluey as I call her
1.5 DCi Stepway Laureate in Azurite Blue
Toys, Toys, and more Toys!

Click here to view this car in my Garage: View Vehicle

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was a grey Tuesday morning. Work loomed later in the day but for now I was on my way to the dealership with low hopes of anything happening that morning. Back in September last year I suffered the disappointment of 'Computer says NO' syndrome when I tried to order a new Steppy, but here I was 6 months later finally with the means to throw cash at a youthful example of a used vehicle. I knew the cute little white number I had spotted on that well known car trading site was gone, I'd checked that, but the words 'We have dealerships all over, so we could bring in something from one of them if it suits your needs' were ringing in my ears.

As I walked to the main doors a Cinder red Stepway made googoo eyes at me, but the ticket price was well beyond my means, so I discounted her and went in to see the Mr Saleschappie (his real name, honest guv'nor)

"So, What are you after?", he starts out with.

"Sandero Stepway Laureate, thats not negotiable", replies I, "But I havent driven a 900TCe yet, so I'm not discounting that engine, thought the 1.5DCi would likely be better as I do 50 motorway miles a day for work"

"OK", he says, "got a colour preference?"

"I have a preference order, but if its got paint on it, I'm happy", I reply

"Right", says he. "The only thing I have here is the red one outside"

"Too far beyond budget, I'm afraid"

"Oh, hang on, we took a 2 year old Diesel Laureate in as a trade in 3 days ago, Its not priced on the system yet, Let me go check with the Sales Manager"

Karrot begins wondering when the meteorite is going to hit.........

Mr Saleschappie returns and announces the price. Well within budget, 24000 miles on the clock, 1 careful lady owner (Literally, she traded her Steppy in for a new Steppy in exactly the same colour and trim levels), Azurite Blue (First choice colour)

Karrot checks the skies for any glowing objects that appear to be getting closer......

We go outside and there, sitting demurely, is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen. The flow of her curves, the cut of her sleek lines, her DRL's twinkling like the eyes of an anime girl who's just seen a box full of kittens. At this point my ADSO kicks in (Attention Deficit.........OOOOH SHINY!!!) I walk around her, my inner Karrot giggling a bit (I nearly said little Karrot, but that could be taken the wrong way...ahem)

Test Drive. Oh my, did she feel natural. Quiet, light to handle, her engine purring soft sounds of 'buy me, love me'. Please understand I arrived at the dealership in a 15 year old 206cc 2.0SE, and like all teenagers she was loud, belligerent, and demanded vast sums of cash for no apparent reason. She was also moody. This blue lady was like riding a cloud in comparison. I was smitten. Love struck like a teenager who's found out Claudia Schiffer is moving in next door because she's just split up with her boyfriend.

Back at the dealership Mr Saleschappie asked the obvious question, "So, is this the car for you?"

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

2 days later I said goodbye to my little 206cc and took Lil Bluey out for our 2nd date. This time without a chaperone.

Bits ordered so far

16" spare wheel with 205/55R16 tyre + Jack (Evilbay)

USB charger for the ciggy lighter (Cant have the vapes going flat now, can we)

Boot Bag to keep all the car kit secure and tidy in the boot

Heko wind deflectors for front and rear

I'll get some pics up soon of Lil Bluey, and of these massively exciting extras, because I'm sure you're all as excited about a boot tidy as I am :D

Thanks for Reading

Karrot

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...At this point my ADSO kicks in (Attention Deficit.........OOOOH SHINY!!!)...
...that will go well with my CDO...

...it's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be...

Joe

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...that will go well with my CDO...

...it's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be...

Joe
I suffer the same thing. A place for everything and everything in its place.......The Boot!

OMD... not often I actually read a romance novel lmao...
Did it leave you feeling squiffy inside? :p

Karrot

·
Registered
71 Posts
Woow Karrot!!! The best Stepway love story I have read/heard till now. Have the same color, blue Azurite, and think is the best . Happy motoring!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, :D Yes, I love my Steppy, Are there help groups for people like me??

Now then, people of a nervous disposition should probably have someone hold your hands and those with an excitable natures should probably notch up your belts lest your trousers fly off! Yes, the Boot Bag arrived!

Here it is nestled snugly in the corner.

IMG_9613.JPG

And for the myopic amongst us, a close up!

IMG_9619.JPG

This wondrous addition to the car not only keeps the boot space tidy, but also looks the part too. Any stylish motor would be thrilled to have such an accessory! Fitted with velcro on both the base AND the back (yes perpendicular velcro anchorage!!!!) this bag secures itself to your boot like an octopus on a clam! But hang on to your underpants Ladies and Gentlemen! We are by no means finished! To top it off, there are 2 moderately sized mesh pockets on the flap to store items which you would proudly wish to semi display to any boot perusers who may wish to inspect the contents of your trunk space, such as membership cards to the National Parsnip Strokers Association, Note books containing cryptic messages, or ancient artefacts found on Cornish beaches.

Yes indeed, this is a modification to thrill and excite!

Moving inwards we find Lil 'K', my Korn Ragdoll, modelling the snazzy Griffin Dual USB charger which handily hides beneath the cigarette lighter's cover flap.

IMG_9656.JPG

This unit features no eye blistering blue LED's and so you can be safe in the knowledge that you can drive without the sudden urge to crank up some 90's acid house and ingest dubious chemicals.

More excitement to come in the form of a SPARE WHEEL!

But before I go, and leave you to marvel at these wonders, a pic of the lil lady herself. My Lil Blue.

IMG_9643.JPG

Karrot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, :D Yes, I love my Steppy, Are there help groups for people like me??

Now then, people of a nervous disposition should probably have someone hold your hands and those with an excitable natures should probably notch up your belts lest your trousers fly off! Yes, the Boot Bag arrived!

Here it is nestled snugly in the corner.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9613.JPG

And for the myopic amongst us, a close up!

attachicon.gif
IMG_9619.JPG

This wondrous addition to the car not only keeps the boot space tidy, but also looks the part too. Any stylish motor would be thrilled to have such an accessory! Fitted with velcro on both the base AND the back (yes perpendicular velcro anchorage!!!!) this bag secures itself to your boot like an octopus on a clam! But hang on to your underpants Ladies and Gentlemen! We are by no means finished! To top it off, there are 2 moderately sized mesh pockets on the flap to store items which you would proudly wish to semi display to any boot perusers who may wish to inspect the contents of your trunk space, such as membership cards to the National Parsnip Strokers Association, Note books containing cryptic messages, or ancient artefacts found on Cornish beaches.

Yes indeed, this is a modification to thrill and excite!

Moving inwards we find Lil 'K', my Korn Ragdoll, modelling the snazzy Griffin Dual USB charger which handily hides beneath the cigarette lighter's cover flap.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9656.JPG

This unit features no eye blistering blue LED's and so you can be safe in the knowledge that you can drive without the sudden urge to crank up some 90's acid house and ingest dubious chemicals.

More excitement to come in the form of a SPARE WHEEL!

But before I go, and leave you to marvel at these wonders, a pic of the lil lady herself. My Lil Blue.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9643.JPG

Karrot
Karrot, say what you mean in future, don't hold back !!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Incorrectness! :eek:

Now I don't know about you Guys n Gals, but the prospect of receiving a very plain steel wheel which I would store in a hidden compartment in an area of the vehicle I almost never use had me virtually peeing my pants in excitement! I was updating the tracking info almost daily to find out when Mr Vandrivingdeliverychappie would arrive with Lil Bluie's latest present.

That day was yesterday, and running on a potent combination of lack of sleep, adrenaline, caffeine, and sugar I went out to see my sweetie with her new gift all wrapped in its bin bag and tape wrappings. Like a kid on Christmas morning I tore the package open, finding the Jack and wheel brace snuggled together in the back of the wheel. I removed the polystyrene canoe that Dacia provide for storing the puncture kit and dropped the spare in to place.

But HORROR! I had been sent an extra hole! :blink:

Wheel Sent.JPG

Now as a single man this caused some ambivalence. I mean who, in my position, wouldn't be overjoyed by the presentation of an unexpected hole? The problem is, it meant the other 4 holes which I had paid for and had planned uses for were, in fact, useless to me. :huh:

I swear Bluie rolled her DRL's at me and the Medianav chimed in was a helpful 'Out of cheese' Error.

Ok, on to customer service.......

"You've sent me too many holes", I explained.

"Holes, Sir?"

"Yes Holes, You sent 5, not 4!"

"Sir, what are you blithering on about?"

After some light hearted back and forth I should have a replacement arrive tomorrow, so its Mogadons for tea so I can sleep and contain the excitement.

Who'da thunk owning a Dacia could be such an emotional roller coaster! :wub:

Karrot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
hehehehehe creased !

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Love the Boot bag,,,,,,heheh Might treat myself actually......

could you kindly provide a link to the aforementioned delight that is the accessory receptacle ???

1 - 20 of 108 Posts