UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading other items on this forum I think I will have a big "No idea" answer but hey ho it is pouring in rain outside and I have nothing else to do!

I live in Spain and a couple of weeks ago I ordered the new Stepway from the local Renault dealer. The test drive was excellent by the way and the car is incredible value. I digress, anyway I wanted the Media Nav system it was tremendous on the car I drove, but guess what I was told that there is a problem with installing it and if I wanted it the production would change from mid April to July! Has anyone heard anything about this in the UK?

The other thing is that I read somewhere that the steering wheel and the driver´s seat are height changeable but the dealer here told me that both are fixed which they were on the car I drove which was the old model by the way. Again has anyone heard anything, I cannot believe that the spec would change from Spain to the UK.

Nice to meet you all.

Ziggy

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The uk laureate trim Stepway has medianav as standard, incidentally that's one of the reason we went for the top trim spec. initially I've been told June but dacia on twitter say divery will be July. I don't think having or not having it would make any difference to when I'll get it. Is it only available as an option I Spain?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nine Cherries - we went for the Ambience where it is an option but cannot see why it should delay delivery date & cannot get an answer from Dacia. Very frustrating as we wanted it for a trip back to the UK in June had to opt just for CD. Our friend had bought a Stepway and when we saw how good it was and at such a great price we jumped in. Also Spanish government give money towards it if you have a 13yr old car which we have.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Can't see why either. I've had a play with it in the demo Sandero and really liked it. Crazy why they won't give you an answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be a problem relating to the right hand drive configuration in the UK (just a guess..) but then this would be the same for the regular sandero too...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Might be a problem relating to the right hand drive configuration in the UK (just a guess..) but then this would be the same for the regular sandero too...
Sandero, stepaway and logan will have a more modern wiring loom which the media nav will be designed or.

It will also fit a duster but it will require an element of retro fit wring between the existing duster electrics and the connectors on the media nav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts