UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a Scenic on the motability scheme. I am due to change it March 2016, which will soon be here. I can't believe that I have it for almost two years. I would like a Dacia Duster as my next motability car.

I have osteoarthritis in my knees, hips, spine, shoulders, neck, toes and hands. Also I have spondylitis and prolapsed discs in my spine. I suffer with my hips and spine the most. My hands suffer if I am outdoors in the cold, so gloves are the order of the day. The DVLA say I can still drive, so I am happy.

My vehicle has to be something high enough for me to get in and out of easily, hence a Scenic. I actually wanted a Megane Sport Tourer, but it is too low. I did have a look at the Dacia Duster in the Renault showroom, but it was not available on motability.

I have been on the motability website and currently there are five Dacias on the motability scheme. These are;

Logan 1.2 Ambiance

Logan 0.9 Ambiance

Logan 1.5 dCi Ambiance

Sandero 1.2 Laureate

Sandero Stepway 0.9 Ambiance

The Sandero Stepway is an ideal height for me to get in and out of easily, but the boot is like the Renault Captur's, too small.

I spoke to Dacia customer services and asked if them if there are any plans to introduce the Duster on the motability scheme. Unfortunately the answer wasn't what I hoped for. The Duster is not scheduled in the forseeable future to be available on motability. It is motability themselves, not Dacia that decide what models will be available on the scheme. Also I am not the first to ask if the Duster will be available on motability.

So are there any people out there that would like to see the Duster available on motability apart from me? If so, we need to email motability asking then if and when the Duster will be available on the scheme. Hopefully if enough people contact them, then we may get it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts