Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dv.jpg

dv2.jpg

dv3.jpg

dv4.jpg

dv5.jpg

dv7.jpg

dv8.jpg

Dacia shows Commercial version of Duster 4X4 at CV Show, with a 1,150-litre load space

Dacia is attempting to take the UK commercial 4x4 market by storm with a van conversion of the rugged Duster, shown at this year's Commercial Vehicle show in Birmingham. The budget off-roader gets a 1,150-litre load space and starts from £9,595 (excluding VAT).

You'll be hard-pushed to spot the Duster Commercial from afar, as it's almost identical to the passenger car on the outside. The only clues to this car's load-lugging capabilities are the blanked-out rear windows disguising the flat load bay and the lack of rear seats.

Open up the tailgate and you'll see the Duster Commercial gets a 1,150-litre flat toughened plastic load bay, slightly down on that offered by its closest but more expensive rival, the SsangYong Korando van. It also offers a competitive maximum payload of 550kg.

Other than that it's business as usual for the Duster, meaning it is available in either two or four-wheel drive variations and comes with the 1.5-litre DCi 110 diesel engine from Renault that is capable of 56.5mpg (or 54.3 on the 4x4)

The 4x4 variant loses 150 litres of load space, but will obviously be more capable in the rough. The Duster Commercial is available in base Ambiente for £9,595 (excluding VAT), which includes electric front windows, Bluetooth, AUX and USB connectivity and four airbags.

It rises to £12,545 for the four-wheel drive model in Laureate spec, which gets cruise control, a trip computer, heated mirrors and aircon. It's available to order now, with deliveries expected in June.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
No actually That makes more sense - I realised that afterwards looking at the photos of what appears to be a Duster but was too lazy to go back in and amend it!

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Today, I am going to take the back seat out of my Stepway and put a loadspace tray in its place.

Hey, I've invented a Stepway van!

Maybe this is the beginning of McQueen Commercials

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I am planning on making my new Logan into a 2 seated van with tinted windows though so have option to take passengers very occasionally

if I can remember where I put the back seat once I have removed it

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I am planning on making my new Logan into a 2 seated van with tinted windows though so have option to take passengers very occasionally

if I can remember where I put the back seat once I have removed it
The Logan would have been a far more logical choice for this considering the number of car derived vans are on the road these days.

·
Registered
985 Posts
So will lino tint now be an option on standard cars do you think? Nah, Dacia are incapable of thinking a step ahead!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
But doesn't the whole thing just smack of CobbledTogetherNess?? I think I may have invented a new word....
It's like we're too cheap to invest in machinery to make a proper van so let's play around with what we have.

Having said that, if I ever had to buy a van............

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Nope. I've thought about if for at least a minute and I can think of no scenario where I would be in the market for a van. Answers on a postcard please....

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Ouch!! Feeling very sorry for myself at the moment as I have been having excruciating abdominal pain, I even went to my GP which is totally unheard of for me, first time in about 7 years.
So if I die of appendicitis, I will request to be transferred to the Crem in a Duster van. Ashes to ashes.......

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Apologies, Maude, if you get a "Disagree" rating flagging up against one of these posts, my mildly inebriated digits inadvertently hit the red cross when attempting to award a smiley face... :wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
S'okay, I'm mildly inebriated too!! Pretty decent South African Shiraz. Which I know I'm going to regret when the stomach cramps kick in!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did Dacia do the maths and decide that a proper van conversion would be more costly? I too had to check the date of the original.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.