UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dacia warranty has a general cover all statement that seems to make a claim for anything subject to Dacia ( or their Garage Agents ) in most cases subject to their goodwill.
IE seemingly all claims can only be met for "manufacturing " faults.

Surely for the normal car buyer how can they prove a problem that raised their concern was a manufacturing fault. This is surely a get out clause

The cars battery is an example where any claim for a failure would not be successful because the batteries expected life is not specified unlike other car manufacturers . A Dacia car owner with battery that failed earlier than the longer life normal to many batteries these days would probably not find Dacia accommodating

And what about corrosion, the car owner is dependent on the regular check of Dacia whether any any corrosion is covered by the warranty which specifies the corrosion has to start from within the car ?
What about corrosion from where the car is exposed to the elements say under the wheel arches , the underside of the car. the unprotected edges of the wheel arches , inside the doors with water traps in the door joints crevices.

Yes there will be many Dacia car owners who will report that they have had their car for many years without a trace of rust. Perhaps these are cars in places that don't experience salty roads in winter. Perhaps these cars were made from thicker material . Perhaps they are lucky.

Yes there will be Dacia owners who will say it's no different from other car makers. I can't believe this . My last car made specific claims on the cars design to combat the threat of corrosion. IE all internal bodywork cavities protected with thick coating with the same on the bodywork sills and wax injection of door cavities . Dacia don't seem to have specified
anywhere how their cars are designed and manufactured to combat the threat of corrosion . In other words is it you get what you see. It's almost like the cars were designed for benign environments

Perhaps Caveat Emptor .

Ambvol

·
Registered
84 Posts
"It's almost like the cars were designed for benign environments" - Eh ? -20 in winter and +45 in summer, and salt-mines do a roaring trade here where they're made ?

From your moanathon it sounds as if you have buyer's regret ? Sell it then, simple.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you a troll?
For the record I am not a troll.

If you want to follow this through please feel free to check with Dacia who I have contacted many times and who I have always given a excellent score to their support and also to the Garage where I bought the car from .
You will also see my comments in various forum reports where I say I really like the the Dacia model that I have bought.
To write critical observations does not define a troll. I always thought that forums were for communities to express their views or concerns for better or worse.

I don't suppose that I will ever achieve your record of postings . Is it really 2225.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
376 Posts
ambvol, if it’s any consolation, the average of cars scrapped in France is 20 years. I’ve had my Stepway 2 years so at my age it will be touch and go if it’s me or it scrapped first. I do worry that it will be showing signs of corrosion when I’m 100:mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ambvol, if it’s any consolation, the average of cars scrapped in France is 20 years. I’ve had my Stepway 2 years so at my age it will be touch and go if it’s me or it scrapped first. I do worry that it will be showing signs of corrosion when I’m 100:mad:
JLB

That new sounds reassuring. Very useful comment . But do they use salt on the roads in France . The UK spreads 2 million tons annually on our roads - just saying . Perhaps regular power washer the underside in winter should be "de rigueur" in the UK. Perhap this instruction is buried in the user manual.

Ambvol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLB

That news sounds reassuring. Very useful comment . But do they use salt on the roads in France . The UK spreads 2 million tons annually on our roads - just saying . Perhaps regular power washer the underside in winter should be "de rigueur" in the UK. Perhap this instruction is buried in the user manual.

Ambvol

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
376 Posts
The roads in central, eastern and northern France are just as likely to be salted as those in the UK. I've driven on a stretch of autoroute in central France (i.e. not the Alps) with an altitude higher than Ben Nevis. Although the roads in my immediate vicinity are rarely salted, we do get snow on occasions, and there is a range of low wooded mountains about 20 kms from me (alt. 1100m) that I have to cross to get to Carcassonne airport that had snow on them a fortnight ago.

There are plastic mudguards in the front wheel arches of my Sandero, and the rears are coated in what looks like bitumen. If you're really worried about the doors, as I and others have said, get yourself an aerosol of Waxoyl and spray through the drain holes. If that's not enough, you could always pop the panels off and have a look.

The distinctly remote possibility of rust in my Dacia is way down the list of my worries. Top of the list right now is that Russian madman. Most other things pale to insignificance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I can answer your question as I've had two batteries die on me in the space of 9 months. The car is brand new. I have Dacia Assistance, which is basically RAC, they changed the battery twice under warranty, but clearly now I need to take the car in as it shouldn't be dying this quickly.
So really to answer your question, their warranty has been fine so far re batteries.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I can answer your question as I've had two batteries die on me in the space of 9 months. The car is brand new. I have Dacia Assistance, which is basically RAC, they changed the battery twice under warranty, but clearly now I need to take the car in as it shouldn't be dying this quickly.
So really to answer your question, their warranty has been fine so far re batteries.
leelue905

I am interested in your problem. I had 3 failures to start which initially seemed to be battery connected
Did the garage solve your problem. The replacement of 2 batteries seems to indicate a system problem.

Ambvol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts