·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: Dacia original Fregate hubcap

Bought From: daciamag.com

Paid: €29.95 each

Rating: 1

I just wanted to warn members about this supplier of Dacia spares. They have a very detailed website but as I have found to my cost it is not accurate. I bought 4 hub caps that they said were suitable for a Duster. When they arrived they were for 15 inch wheels. I told them this and they admitted that the website was wrong and that I should send them back for a replacement. They wanted me to fund the postage with a tracking number which to Romania would have been £65.40. They won't back down as this being my responsibility and to my dismay this was backed up by Paypal. The result of all this is that I do not have a set of hub caps on my Duster, I do have a set of trims that I must now sell on ebay or through this forum and I am €150 worse off. Avoid www.daciamag.com at all costs. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
288 Posts
You are protected by EU law, which gives you the same rights as if you bought the goods here in the UK. As the goods are not as described you are entitled to a full refund of all moneys paid plus the cost of returning the items to the supplier. No ifs, no buts and your case should be cast iron given that the supplier has admitted fault. Go to this official EU website for advice on what to do now: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/archive/ecc/contact_en.htm

Good luck and let us know how you get on - if it works it could be useful for others

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I am surprised at PayPal, normally they are very quick to side with the purchaser and take money from the retailer.

The problem with the Distance Selling Regulations is that there is no-one enforcing them in the UK. It should be down to local Trading Standards, but with the cuts in their budget they are very reluctant to take anything on as they just don't have the resources.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

I am a member of the DaciaMAG team, and i would like to post a reply in defence to mr "andychap" accusations.

As in all businesses, they are rules and terms of conditions, to protect the buyers, but also the sellers. In terms of law, the EU regulations are not entirely fixed thorought Europe, some are more like guidelines, while in Romania the seller is not imposed to pay the cost of returning the merchandise.

But that fact, does not even matter, when Paypal comes into discussion, as what really matters is their own internal rules, which are accepted by both the buyer and the seller when using their services.

Paypal will never ask a seller to refund a higher amount, than what has been initially paid.

We are sorry about this situation, so we have offered mr. "andychap" three different options, to mitigate the costs on both sides, but he would only accept the one that has been denied by Paypal, when opening the claim by him.

What the client has not detailed, is the fact that both, us and Paypal, have offered him a full refund back, including the initial shipping price (which we would have supported as a loss).

We have even offered him to send a new compatible set with discount, no profit for us, with free shipping, and him just to return the initial hubcap set.

Regarding the product, it was not mentioned anywhere that the hubcaps are 15 or 16 inches, it just had displayed a table of compatible cars, which being a Dacia universal product, had all Dacia models listed, including the Duster. Which that caused a confusion, so took the responsability of the mistake, to pay the initial cost on our behalf, and send the new compatible set with free shipping.

There are positive reviews on the forum, from other UK customs, that they can state we are a serious company, looking for the satisfaction of our customers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've used daciamag a number of times and found them efficient and helpful. Items were dispatched quickly and in an u damaged condition. I would recommend them from my own experience

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hello all,

I am a member of the DaciaMAG team, and i would like to post a reply in defence to mr "andychap" accusations.

As in all businesses, they are rules and terms of conditions, to protect the buyers, but also the sellers. In terms of law, the EU regulations are not entirely fixed thorought Europe, some are more like guidelines, while in Romania the seller is not imposed to pay the cost of returning the merchandise.

But that fact, does not even matter, when Paypal comes into discussion, as what really matters is their own internal rules, which are accepted by both the buyer and the seller when using their services.

Paypal will never ask a seller to refund a higher amount, than what has been initially paid.

We are sorry about this situation, so we have offered mr. "andychap" three different options, to mitigate the costs on both sides, but he would only accept the one that has been denied by Paypal, when opening the claim by him.

What the client has not detailed, is the fact that both, us and Paypal, have offered him a full refund back, including the initial shipping price (which we would have supported as a loss).

We have even offered him to send a new compatible set with discount, no profit for us, with free shipping, and him just to return the initial hubcap set.

Regarding the product, it was not mentioned anywhere that the hubcaps are 15 or 16 inches, it just had displayed a table of compatible cars, which being a Dacia universal product, had all Dacia models listed, including the Duster. Which that caused a confusion, so took the responsability of the mistake, to pay the initial cost on our behalf, and send the new compatible set with free shipping.

There are positive reviews on the forum, from other UK customs, that they can state we are a serious company, looking for the satisfaction of our customers.
I am in internet sales. It's simple; if you have sent the customer the wrong thing (for any reason) it's only fair that YOU put it right. If the customer had received the correct item would they be complaining? No, because they received what they asked for.

What I will tell you is this...I was considering a purchase from your site; that will not now be happening so you have already lost at least one sale because of this. Do the honourable thing and put it right.

When my warehouse team send the incorrect item to somewhere like Hong Kong (very expensive post) we don't expect the customer to return it even though Distance Selling doesn't apply there, we just send a replacement or offer a full refund. I then concentrate my efforts on rectifying the problems internally within the company rather than expecting the customer to put right my mistake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Technically and legally, those are the terms and conditions, that the customer has accepted when buying.

Morally and fair, is that we would like to help the customer, and send him a new set compatible for Duster, which is actually more expensive than the one purchased.

But the main idea behind the presented possible solutions, is that one of the following items should be financially supported by the customer, not all 3 by us, which we find more than fair in the explained scenario.

- receive 1 new more expensive set, compatible with Duster
- benefit of free shipping
- keep the already received set.

@andychap: Though Paypal has already rejected your case, and finalized the investigation of your claim, we are open to suggestions, to solve your case.

@widu13: Let me have my doubts, you will send a new product with no additional cost, no additional shipping cost, specially if it is an expensive one, and let the customer keep the existing one.

As i do not wish to start a debate regarding this topic, this is my last post regarding this situation.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
the Chris mester is spot on with his comment about pay pal

reason I stopped selling stuff on e bay was pay pal would always side with the buyer' up to the point where it became ridiculous.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Technically and legally, those are the terms and conditions, that the customer has accepted when buying.

Morally and fair, is that we would like to help the customer, and send him a new set compatible for Duster, which is actually more expensive than the one purchased.

But the main idea behind the presented possible solutions, is that one of the following items should be financially supported by the customer, not all 3 by us, which we find more than fair in the explained scenario.

- receive 1 new more expensive set, compatible with Duster
- benefit of free shipping
- keep the already received set.

@andychap: Though Paypal has already rejected your case, and finalized the investigation of your claim, we are open to suggestions, to solve your case.

@widu13: Let me have my doubts, you will send a new product with no additional cost, no additional shipping cost, specially if it is an expensive one, and let the customer keep the existing one.

As i do not wish to start a debate regarding this topic, this is my last post regarding this situation.
Yes that is correct we pay to recover the goods. If you have used DPD/DHL/UPS this is possible. If that is not feasible the customer keeps the goods and we send the correct goods at no further cost.

That way when we make a mistake, we keep the customer happy and they don't go away deeply unhappy and tell everyone about the unfortunate accident that they are being penalised for even though it wasn't their mistake.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Having read the DaciaMAG spokesman's rather pathetic attempt at justifying his company's refusal to pay for the return of incorrect goods, I think the moral of this tale is very very clear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to the supportive comments particularly from widu13. You obviously have a company that cares about customer service and fair trading. People will be interested to know that daciamag.com have not changed the product description on their website so it is still being shown as suitable for a Dacia Duster so presumably others are falling into the same trap that I fell into. As they are so lax about this error there could well be many others on their sales site. They have not offered any solution and I am left with a useless product that at present no one wants to buy. My only way out of this according to daciamag is to spend £65 on postage and another £75 to get the correct product. They obviously do not care about fair trading practices and are happy to take the money and run. Caveat emptor! Avoid this company - they don't have what we in the UK would recognize as a customer service ethic.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I find the DaciaMAG position very strange. Dacia is an emerging brand in the UK and no matter what this forum is the leading Dacia forum in the UK. It follows suit that all of the 'net savvy owners and potential buyers in the UK will visit this site via a search engine or indeed a referral.

Now the DaciaMAG refusal to put this right is recorded on a publically accessible forum. There are a good few thousands of potential business transactions in the UK and I am surprised that DaciaMAG is in a position to effectively turn away that business by their refusal.

I take the long term view when dealing with complaints such as this. Sometimes it is too late to salvage any further custom from the individual (for many reasons) but the last thing I want is the impression that we are unwilling to rectify any issues once a purchase has taken place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A new set of 16 compatible hub caps is on the way to the client, with no additional cost, and the client may also keep the existing set, plus other future benefits.

That way when we make a mistake, we keep the customer happy and they don't go away deeply unhappy and tell everyone about the unfortunate accident that they are being penalised for even though it wasn't their mistake.
As we value our customers and their feedback, a new topic regarding our shop will be open, so that members can add their reviews regarding our business/products, and the above situation will not be allowed to happen again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to everyone who supported us to help achieve this satisfactory outcome. We will post again when the goods arrive.

·
Registered
985 Posts
A new set of 16 compatible hub caps is on the way to the client, with no additional cost, and the client may also keep the existing set, plus other future benefits.

As we value our customers and their feedback, a new topic regarding our shop will be open, so that members can add their reviews regarding our business/products, and the above situation will not be allowed to happen again.
Congratulations DaciaMAG, it's horrible when a member of your staff get it wrong by sending out the wrong item or not providing the level of service that should be received by the customer. I made many changes to the company I work for when I started work with them and we now have a great reputation with a healthy following on Facebook and Twitter. Social media is a great way for customers to contact you immediately.

You have shown that you are willing to engage with and listen to customers. Hopefully everyone will put the first refusal down to a mistake and we are all now willing to move on. Well done again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, a good result, but It's a pity that it took the comments above to spur DaciaMag into doing what they should have done in the first place.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts