UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
daft question from a daftie but.......... does the 1.5 dci diesel require a running in period ,Im getting my new car on Monday, I will ask rep but thought I would get better advise on the forum .. go gently folks ..cheers tam

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi tamhem

as someone very very dear to me once said...

..."there is no such thing as a daft question....just an inability to answer it !!!!...."

yes it does require a running in period...

for the duster....1.5 dci engine....the manual says....to keep the revs below 2500 for the first 900 miles

and then

the engine is not fully run in until 3500 miles...

i just kept the revs at 2500 til then....

George has now done 9500 miles and drives SO smoothly its a joy...

You do feel the engine "ease" during the running in period....George did at about 550 miles, 780 miles and again at about 1500 miles...

i found that at 2500 revs.....he was doing (and still does) about 68mph...

its hard to keep to 2500 during gear changes...but you get used to it...

and when you finally get to "put your foot down" and are brave enough....the feeling is lovely !!!!

the engine is the same....but as you are buying a Stepway....

I'd get the manual out at the dealers....and read it there before you drive off...just to make sure you

have the proper facts as quoted in the book....

Good luck with it...

best wishes

DM xx

·
Registered
756 Posts
Tbh Tam in 15,000 miles I'm not sure I have taken it over 2,500 rpm more than half a dozen times, so much grunt you don't need to and the very long fifth gear gets you to 70 for little revs, don't flog it and you will be fine for the 1st 1,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts