UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2002 Lodgy that just got a strange problem. When he turns off the ignition the engine wont stop. The dash is still on but the ventilation system turns off.
Does anyone have the wiring diagram as all links I have found are dead. Or if anyone knows what the problem could be.
He will visit me tomorrow morning so I can help him solve the problem.
Now he to force it to stop and disconnect battery :)
I would of couse guess it is the ignition lock tha is fewbar.
Hovard

·
Registered
372 Posts
The problem should be w/ the IGN switch. There are two 60A fuses in the engine bay fuse box. One directly supplies some of the fuses in the passenger compartment fuse box & the other via the IGN sw to the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fixed the iginition lock as it had severly burned contacts. The problem still exist. Is there a main relay for the engine on this that might have some contsct problems ? I have ordered a new ignition lock as well since filing and polishing the contacts won't last forever :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is this the diesel? There is no relay to the IGN SW. The switch has to be replaced. Don't try to repair.

As mentioned above one 60A fuse supplies the IGN switch & then to the rest of the fuse chains. In the engine room fuse box: 80A fuse goes to the PAS motor, 70A to the glow plugs, 50A to cooling fan, another 50A to ABS/ ESP, 30A to rear window heater. 15A to fuel pump. The big 40A relay supplies the radiator fan. 20A relay to AC compressor.

Has the wiring insulation melted & shorted? Follow the switch wiring as far as u can. Check all fuses inside car & ER. If u have a DC clamp meter u can measure what is taking the current. If the fuel pump is switched off by the IGN, the engine has to stop.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Petrol or diesel, the engine has to stop when the fuel pump is switched off by the IGN s/w. Also the injectors & spark plugs are electronically controlled. So the ECU should shut down operations & go to sleep! Now nothing is being switched OFF.

Perhaps things will be clearer after replacing the switch. Keep the battery disconnected now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now we have changed the ignition switch and another garage has changed the headlight stalk.
The problem still existe but now it is starting te be funny as we have managed to narrow it down to what happens and not.
If the headlights/park light are on the engine will not stop. If we turn off the lights the engine stops as normal :)
All relays and fuses in the engine fuse box has been checked and swapped around where possible too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's gone crazy! Well, at least it stops w/o having to disconnect the battery. Good to switch off the lights before switching off the engine - saves the battery!

Then the wiring harness comes next! U initially said that the IGN switch contacts were severely burned. There has been a short circuit somewhere. Maybe rats had a go at it!

Have u scanned it w/ an 'All System Scanner (I mean not just ECU)? The UCH/ BCM may also be acting up!

Check for the current drain at the battery w/ a DC clamp meter. Next check the current draw through each fuse line w/ a multimeter w/ everything off & perhaps on also (probing the metal contacts on top of the fuse w/o removing them). It will be in mv. There are charts available online giving the corresponding current for each type (maxi, std, mini) & current rating.

Is the earthing ok? There are earths on chassis, engine block, ECU, near instrument console, near fuse box & left A pillar. U can check battery neg to chassis & engine block.

PS: If the instrument consle was removed u could inspect the wiring behind that.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,427 Posts
As the lights do not come on with the ignition the short can not be in the switched output of the stalk and the lights can not be directly wired, So the short must be after the UCH ( or relay if that is what is used )..

The cars were not sold in the UK at that time so there is no real knowledge of the cars wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts