UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of the scotchguard, fabseal, autoglym etc etc products to waterproof the interior fabric with this trim?
Does it change the shade/colour markedly?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Has anyone used any of the scotchguard, fabseal, autoglym etc etc products to waterproof the interior fabric with this trim?
I have used the Autoglym lifeshine carbon shield, and it has left no visible trace.

It was also very easy to do, and you got the body work and window protection as well, all for around £17 on ebay.

Ben

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's the one I'm looking at currently. Got my mats, boot cover, bonnet seal. Just need the car now

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also prefer the idea of starting off clean as once it starts sliping down the dirt road it'll fall boot over bonnet. I live on a v.muddy farm yard and I'm determined to keep interior as clean as poss. Kick covers for front seats also on list.

I went with an £18 boot liner with sill cover over the 'fitted' £140 option. Not sure the non specific one can be £120 worse to justify the extra?

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have a look here and a couple of posts below you will see the one I purchased. Its a very nice heavy duty fitted one, and cost me £30 delivered from Poland.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep was going to grab that, got the same mats you linked to but the polish one had some issue with Scottish highlands postage and I wanted that more complete sides bottom back coverage that the boot mats give. Also the mat has the folding out bit to protect the bumper taking stuff in and out.
If link works its this one.
http://ebay.us/moIPpm

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ah yes I saw that one, but rejected it on the basis I would never get round to pulling the flap,out every time I loaded the car :) I plan to buy a bumper protector at some point

·
Registered
175 Posts
I lathered my interior with ordinary upholstery Scotchgard. Done several coats nearly using two whole tins. I got very very high for a bit but my interior is 100% waterproof/stain proof. (I've since spilled coffee and it just beaded on the surface until I absorbed it with a cloth)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Get the autoglym lifeshine bud its brilliant learn all about it here...
http://www.lifeshine.com/

Get the full kit at a great price here.. And I think this seller will not penalise you for where you live lol
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOGLYM-LIFESHINE-Carbon-shield-Auto-glym-Car-Cleaning-New-Sealed-/161934895519?hash=item25b412699f:g:EBoAAOSwgQ9V6x9V

Where about in the Highlands are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts