UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our Stepway was in for faulty dashboard and took just over a month to resolve. We had hire care for 29 days and had 3 different dashboards fitted. This is a shortened version of the story.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Our Stepway was in for faulty dashboard and took just over a month to resolve. We had hire care for 29 days and had 3 different dashboards fitted. This is a shortened version of the story.
What was the basic problem that we may need to look out for ? :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole of the dashboard failed ie lights/inductors and warning lights, including audio warnings. The only way to reset was to diconnect the battery but that only lasted 2/3 days before it happened again.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have an intermittent fault on the indicator stalk- It occasionally blacks out the headlights when indicating at night! Only occasional, so the dealer is unable to replace the stalk as they are yet to witness the phenomenon to prove to DACIA that it happens....

It's bloody scary when it happens after a long time of not doing this!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would call customer services and demand it gets sorted if you don't get any joy from them then do what I did and emailed Renault / Dacia's CEO [email protected] don't take any crap mate if no joy then start with your local paper and work your way up. Renault and Dacia don't like bad press......

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cool - Have noted that email, thanks. I am arguing with CS at the moment as they still need to sort the second paint / rust warranty claim, before the dealer can replace the door rubbers.... and refit the rattling exhaust shield.....

Have just rung the bodyshop and they state they definitely did not re bill for the work already completed.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
All the instruments failed, rev counter, speedo and fuel gauge. Called out Dacia Assist and very nice guy from RAC came but could not fix, car spent 6 days at garage, Ness Motors in Inverness, they removed the dashboard and said that the fault disappeared. However, I have heard from Renault Clio owners that this is a problem and I think the Dacia Sandero is the same vehicle under the badge.

Car not yet a year old so a bit of a worry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear your having trouble like me. Don't take any crap off them mate! Keep badgering them for a fix. If it happens again ask the RAC chap to disconnect the battery for 5 mins and she if that helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an intermittent fault on the indicator stalk- It occasionally blacks out the headlights when indicating at night! Only occasional, so the dealer is unable to replace the stalk as they are yet to witness the phenomenon to prove to DACIA that it happens....

It's bloody scary when it happens after a long time of not doing this!
i have same fault,been in garage 5 days,can`t repeat "intermittent fault" so won`t replace,have courtesy car at moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only had mine 5 days just had same issue total failure of dashboard. RAC came out working perfectly a little concerned about Dacia reluctance to fix will see how things go. At least I can prove this is a known issue thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
The annoying thing is, they know it happens as they have past history of this, so why not believe you when you tell them ? :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We haven't had any other problems with the Stepways dashboard since last year and it's done over 26,000 miles.

If you have problems with you Dacia and you get no joy from customer services the email the CEO of Renault.......believe me it works!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We haven't had any other problems with the Stepways dashboard since last year and it's done over 26,000 miles.

If you have problems with you Dacia and you get no joy from customer services the email the CEO of Renault.......believe me it works!
Where do I found the CEO email outside the UK?

What was the problem anyway? electrical wiring, indicator/light handle (switch)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have read your contributions to this post with interest as my car is in with the dealers with the same fault and my car is only 7 months old and I have only done 2,100 miles. Under Dacia Assist I was given a hire car for just 2 days but I note you had a car for 29 days. Did they cover the cost of the hire car for the full 29 days? My hire car was with Enterprise who had a £500 CDW or you have to pay £10 per day to zero the excess. They would not allow me to use my policy which covered a hire car so I ended up paying the £10 per day. I am fuming as my car is in the garage and will not be looked at until the 6th December and I am off on holidays for 2 weeks tomorrow. Were you able to use your own policy or were you liable to an excesive CDW excess???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts