UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am planning on fitting a dashcam in the dokker as a "black box" in case of an accident ,(i am not planning to have one) ,i am looking for a reasonably priced discreet camera that i can hard wire in and forget about but will record whenever i am driving, anyone any ideas anyone?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
There are a couple of threads on these if you have a search and there are lots of options to choose from. Some have GPS, some have front and rear facing cameras etc. I got a cheap £25 one first but it was awful, couldn't even make out the number plate of the car in front. The one I use now came from Amazon, it's not available any more but there are newer models, made by E-Prance.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have Lukas pro 7700 with a GPS and the recordings are stunning - would recommend it, when/if turkey lifts the ban on YouTube I will post some footage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for imput,after looking on youtube ,techmoan,and watching all the dashcam reviews he did on there,very good and informative,I settled for the one he recommended,the mini 0801 dvr car cam with gps and 16 gb samsung sd card plus the hard wire kit(in this case it was thrown in free),I got it online from combi marketing ,(amazon.com).
The cost was 95pounds delivered the next day,could have got it cheaper probably but I had issies online with my spanish credit card and the guy ,les,was very accommodating and helpful,I would recommend him.
Fitting was easy ,hopefully the photos show positioning,I wanted it to be discreet as I will leave it in the car permanently,its just a "black box",at the moment I have it wired via the long plug in cable to the cigar lighter,I was quoted 90pounds by the local Dacia dealer in Ipswich,expensive!Going to a local vehicle electrician in Ipswich tomorrow,marine electronics,does fitting on behalf of Halfords,he says it will cost about 50 pounds,we will see tomorrow!
Was a time I would have done it myself as it looks straight forward but at the moment I have the money but not the facilities or tools.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
You have already done all the "hard" stuff, look inside the fusebox under the bonnet - behind the battery, hard wiring your dash camera is a breeze - as you will see - the live connection is child's play, the only thing I would stress is fit a fuse - but you know that already.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have that camera, good choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am pleased with it so far,pictures very clear .Easy to download onto pc,novelty will soon be over and I can leave it to do its thing in the background!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts