UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
The whole point is in the name 'Daytime Running Lights' - There'd be no point in marketing them as this if they could be turned off. Lights that you can choose whether to run in the light or dark are just simply called 'Lights'.

hope that's helped

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does it happen for other people? I assumed it was because during the daytime you want *brighter* lights, or no one would be able to even see them. At dusk, when you'd normally have side-lights on - they don't need to be so bright? Who knows. I had a look and they seemed to be the same bulbs, but I'm not sure, didnt' check properly.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Does it happen for other people? I assumed it was because during the daytime you want *brighter* lights, or no one would be able to even see them. At dusk, when you'd normally have side-lights on - they don't need to be so bright? Who knows. I had a look and they seemed to be the same bulbs, but I'm not sure, didnt' check properly.
They are twin filament 12 volt 21/5 watt bulbs, as used in stop/tail lights. 21 watts used during the day & 5 watts used at night (side lights) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Funny thing I've noticed: Turn on the side-lights and they get significantly dimmer!
They are twin filament 12 volt 21/5 watt bulbs, as used in stop/tail lights. 21 watts used during the day & 5 watts used at night (side lights) ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts