UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a U.K part number for the sidelight/daylight bulb on a 2013 Sandero all the books say 501 but I don't think it is from what I saw in the showroom. I want to get some nice white ones ordered ready for when its delivered

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could anyone (through the glass) take a photo of the side light bulb and post it on here (and if you can, say whether its a single or double filament)..... Sorry to start asking favours as a newbie but I could possibly identify it (as I work in a motor factors) and post the part number on here so other members could try to get a similar upgrade, I was thinking of bright white L.E.D type (and super bright white 472 headlight bulbs)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does anyone have a U.K part number for the sidelight/daylight bulb on a 2013 Sandero all the books say 501 but I don't think it is from what I saw in the showroom. I want to get some nice white ones ordered ready for when its delivered
The sidelight will be 501 (12V, 5W wedge base) but the DRL, (which must be in the range 400-1200 candela) is more likely to be an indicator or equivalent strength.

John

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the replies.... I see, I assumed side lights and DRL were the same bulb, possibly a dual filament capless 21/5 perhaps a 580 so it looks like 501 sidelight and a 582 DRL I will have to wait until I get mine so I can check as I want to change sidelight, DRL and Main headlight to bright white.... Might go flat blade on windscreen wipers as well ;)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Thanks for the replies.... I see, I assumed side lights and DRL were the same bulb, possibly a dual filament capless 21/5 perhaps a 580 so it looks like 501 sidelight and a 582 DRL I will have to wait until I get mine so I can check as I want to change sidelight, DRL and Main headlight to bright white.... Might go flat blade on windscreen wipers as well ;)
I'll get mine out later today and post bulb types later. (I will need to get a complete spare set for my trip to france in a few weeks time).

You could of course come over to the first Tykes meet and have a look yourself (See topic in the meets section) but just a quick note we are meeting on Limetree avenue in Clumber park which a few miles south east of worksop and is well sign posted from all routes.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Right had a check on mine and the Main/Dip looks like it is an standard H4 i think Halogen and the Side/DRL is one I've never seen before but it is marked 12V21/5W e2 217 if that helps (found one on Halfords webpage that looks like it it is a HBU580 if that makes sense).

One thing I have found is that they are not the easiest to get out.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
I'll get mine out later today and post bulb types later. (I will need to get a complete spare set for my trip to france in a few weeks time).

You could of course come over to the first Tykes meet and have a look yourself (See topic in the meets section) but just a quick note we are meeting on Limetree avenue in Clumber park which a few miles south east of worksop and is well sign posted from all routes.
Right had a check on mine and the Main/Dip looks like it is an standard H4 i think Halogen and the Side/DRL is one I've never seen before

(dual filament capless as you suggest) but it is marked 12V21/5W e2 217 if that helps (found one on Halfords webpage that looks like it it is a HBU580 if that makes sense).

One thing I have found is that they are not the easiest to get out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replies it looks like a 580 wedge bulb (no metal bayonet) 21-5watt and 472 60-55w bright white equivelnts will be on order at work tommorrow cheers !!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did I see somewhere that DRLs are going to be compulsory
All cars registered in the last couple off years have to have D.R.L's whether they are powerful side lights bulbs as in the Sandero or L.E.D strips. They must then dim down to normal side light brightness when normal headlights are used.

My mate who retro fitted L.E.D strips to an old Astra was told they were M O T failure as he had connected them to side lights and they must be put on a separate switch so they can be switched off independently.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
my duster hasn't got DRL's and its only 7 weeks old....! so does that mean i HAVE to fit them??? that'll please Truk and Steve!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I had heard that the law comes into effect next year here for new build cars only, which is why I think the 2014 Dacia range will all come with DRLs as standard. As I posted above I intend fitting bright LED bulbs in place of the supplied sidelight bulbs, that way I get to have DRLs when I want them and no mot failure issues.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I had heard that the law comes into effect next year here for new build cars only, which is why I think the 2014 Dacia range will all come with DRLs as standard. As I posted above I intend fitting bright LED bulbs in place of the supplied sidelight bulbs, that way I get to have DRLs when I want them and no mot failure issues.
I bought some of those , from halfords' and on the back it says "for off road use only" so you prob will still fail mot. still it's 3 years til you need to worry about that :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my duster hasn't got DRL's and its only 7 weeks old....! so does that mean i HAVE to fit them??? that'll please Truk and Steve!
Are you sure the sidelights don't come on when you start the engine? I would have thought they would have too (this would be classed as DRL bulbs)..... I have been wrong in the past though

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
no....nothing comes on with the ignition....!

Side lights are twizzled on, on the indicator switch....and there are no DRL's.....part of the styling pack on the Duster I think!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure then, I must be wrong about the law regarding them

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Dusterdly & Muttley said:
Are you sure the sidelights don't come on when you start the engine? I would have thought they would have too (this would be classed as DRL bulbs)..... I have been wrong in the past though
the duster doesn't have to have them yet as the present design was first passed for use in 2010. the law on DRLs is only for cars passed for use after 2012

1 - 20 of 29 Posts