UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NICK you made a coment about the type fitted, you should not have to bother , as the European DRL law states that all new cars purchased after Feb 2011 must be fitted with DRL lights. l have taken this up with my seller and i await a reply des

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Not true I'm afraid, it's only 'Type Approved' that requires DRL's.

European Union Directive 2008/89/EC requires all passenger cars and small delivery vans first type approved on or after 7 February 2011 in the EU to come equipped with daytime running lights.
The Duster was released in Europe in 2010, thus avoids this.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
From the Dept. for Transport:

Vehicle manufacturers must fit DRL to new types of passenger car and light
goods vehicle (car derived vans) type approved to European vehicle
requirements from February 2011. In practice this means that any new model
launched after this date, and many launched before, will be fitted with DRL.

The Duster was, of course, launched in Europe before Feb. 2011 so is not required to be fitted with DRLs.
They can, however be specified within the Styling pack.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has fitted the Phillips DRL as project to their duster and made a video of how they went about fitting them?

·
Registered
193 Posts
So basically it's new car designed released after Feb 2011 as opposed to new cars on the road. I didn't realise that although I'd seen plenty of cars without them that had new plates.

Quite glad really as I don't really like DRLs that much. I kinda think that if you need help seeing a 1 tonne box on wheels during daylight, your car having DRLs is the least of their problems! lol

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
So basically it's new car designed released after Feb 2011 as opposed to new cars on the road. I didn't realise that although I'd seen plenty of cars without them that had new plates.

Quite glad really as I don't really like DRLs that much. I kinda think that if you need help seeing a 1 tonne box on wheels during daylight, your car having DRLs is the least of their problems! lol
Yeah. All down to type approval. The duster was approved prior to the feb 2011 change. The Stepway my wife is waiting on has drl as standard due to it being a newer model but I think they are just normal filament bulbs within the headlight cluster, no fancy smancy LEDs going on there. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm still not sure where my Duster (when I get it! ) is coming from. The Dealer says european models are all made in Romania, but the reviews say a new Renault/Nissan factory in India. So it doesn't matter where the cars are built it still has european type approval? I like Drl's and have bought the Philips 4 led kit ( £58 1st class delivery!) same as Dacia accessory kit without a customised housing which costs £227.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi
I bought the car in December 2013 and it does not have the DRL fitted as company default, and the company says its not a must?????????????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts