Cabin Filter 12K or 1yr

Air Filter 36K or 4yrs

Fuel Filter 36K or 4yrs

FAP When blocked

Timing Belt 72K or 6yrs

Accessories Belt 72K or 6yrs

Coolant 72K or 5yrs

Brake Fluid 72K or 4yrs

Service Checks - Refer to Service Programme Check Sheet RL236 for the checks to be carried out at each service interval

OCS - (Oil Control System) uses the engine's ECU to calculate servicing intervals as a function of the way the vehicle is used. Should running conditions be considered too severe (e.g. mainly short journey urban motoring) a warning on the dashboard invites the driver to bring forward the next oil change. OCS enables longer oil change intervals while at the same time providing a solution that protects those owners whose driving . OCS employs an algorhythm which notably takes into account the vehicle's road speed and engine speed.

FAP - Diesel Particulate filter replaced when blocked.

Does anyone have a copy of Service Programme Check Sheet RL236 they can share?

See less See more
#4 ·
Mechanic that did my oil change, thought he had the wrong size sump plug remval tool until he realized that the plug was fitted less than hand tight!!

However the oil filter had obviously had the opposite amount of force applied and needed the bracket removing from around the outside to get the required force needed to remove with a filter wrench.

Obviously the earlier problem is more of a worry. :angry:

#11 ·
How do you tighten to hand strength on a sump plug that is square internal drive with a smooth round external surface?

Sump plugs do indeed have a torque setting and most are in the 20 - 25 Nm
You stick in the Plug (sump) Spanner or stick it on and Pull tight till you cannot move it anymore ! I have never used a torque wrench on a sump plug and would never dream of doing so ! also the filter only needs hand tightening

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
How do you tighten to hand strength on a sump plug that is square internal drive with a smooth round external surface?

Sump plugs do indeed have a torque setting and most are in the 20 - 25 Nm
my english wasnt quite perfect

i meant of course use a key a wrench

but at the end turn just 15 minutes a 1/4 quarter

about the force to which the plug its tightened

and the oil filter must be install all by hand and tightened only by hand

using a key on a new oil filter its risk to puncture the oil filter its self

im not stupid u dont need to post pictures of the plug

#13 ·
You stick in the Plug (sump) Spanner or stick it on and Pull tight till you cannot move it anymore ! I have never used a torque wrench on a sump plug and would never dream of doing so ! also the filter only needs hand tightening
my english wasnt quite perfect

i meant of course use a key a wrench

but at the end turn just 15 minutes a 1/4 quarter

about the force to which the plug its tightened

and the oil filter must be install all by hand and tightened only by hand

using a key on a new oil filter its risk to puncture the oil filter its self

im not stupid u dont need to post pictures of the plug
As listed at the start of this, sump plug could be spun off without any bar or ratchet needed. To loose and dangerous especially with a rattly diesel engine.

Oil filter had been applied with far to much force which mean't removing other metal work to get the necessary purchase required to undo with a filter wrench.

Torque wrenches only exert the pressure dialed into them and should be used to tighten almost all bolts (but not an oil filter as this tightens onto a rubber ring by hand). One persons hand tight is not equal to everyone else's hence the need to standardise with torque settings.

#14 ·
the oil filter when install u put a little bit of oil on the rubber ring

tight by hand

because of the hot temperature the engine is running

the rubber sills on to the engine thats why after 10 15000km

its so tight and because its hot when u have to remove it u need a key a wrench

cos to drain the oil properly u have to have it warm hot

#16 ·
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hand-tight

I would have thought it was self explanatory
Nice simplistic ideal, however my hand tight is more than my wife's but less than say arnold schwarzenegger, you then move onto the tool being used are they all the same length? if not then the force applied again radically changes.

But maybe Renault are wrong for giving a torque setting in there service manuals and a hand tight, or a ¼ turn or nipping it up is the right thing to do!

#17 ·
Nice simplistic ideal, however my hand tight is more than my wife's but less than say arnold schwarzenegger, you then move onto the tool being used are they all the same length? if not then the force applied again radically changes.

But maybe Renault are wrong for giving a torque setting in there service manuals and a hand tight, or a ¼ turn or nipping it up is the right thing to do!
as a car manufacturer they are oblige by legislation

to put in the manual all the torque settings for all the operation all the features of nuts bolts screws

u find this in all service manuals for all car brands

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
LOL me after the warranty expires, if I can't afford to change the car.

Oil and filter changes by dealerships is a complete rip off.
u do it at a ordinary service garage

by the stuff and the work must be smth like 5 quid

here i get it for 20bpounds oil and filter and air filter

a beer or 5 bpounds to my mate the mechanic

job done

#21 ·
I have my own Romanian Mechanic in a village nearby and Wow this guy knows my car he knows exactly where to go to look for things ! ie he hit the exhaust when he was doing my winter tire change and he then got the welder and spot welded a little bracket that had come off ! he said that normal but if you leave it the whole system will fall off ! good stuff to have a Romanian Mechanic

He also did my Timing belt at a price I could only dream of ! Es Viva the Romanian Mechanics :D :D

#22 ·
I have my own Romanian Mechanic in a village nearby and Wow this guy knows my car he knows exactly where to go to look for things ! ie he hit the exhaust when he was doing my winter tire change and he then got the welder and spot welded a little bracket that had come off ! he said that normal but if you leave it the whole system will fall off ! good stuff to have a Romanian Mechanic

He also did my Timing belt at a price I could only dream of ! Es Viva the Romanian Mechanics :D :D
15 bpounds was the work (my mate)

for my uncle blue logan just like stuarts red one timing belt set (belt, wheel, water pump)

also the same for clio symbol which is the sedan version of clio 2 the same 1.4 petrol engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.