UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how often people have noticed their dpf regenerate? Mine regenerated for the first time earlier on the motorway at 4500 miles. I do use shell nitro+ though which burns far cleaner than other diesel. Smelt like someone did a massive sulphurous turd inside my heater, lol.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...strange: my dCi Duster has done almost 9k, and I haven't notice a DPF regen yet either...

Joe

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My old Renault kangoo euro 5 DCI used to regen every tank on supermarket fuel! I drove it like a typical van driver though too.

I was at nearly 3000rpm in the logan for a sustained period on the motorway today and have driven it slowly previously. Surprised no one else has smelled the eggy goodness!

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Cannot say I've ever noticed anything in 13000 miles. How do you know ? Do you get a light on the dash board ? :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is definitely coming from the car, and it is definitely the dpf. You guys must be very steady drivers, lol.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
When forced regen was used on the renault at work it smelt like burning rubber, it seemed to take more than the hour it said in the manual too.
It will pollute more due to the engine doing it's business to get the exhaust hot, it seemed to run at high revs through the full cycle, I was loading for the next day at the time so I didn't see what it was doing in the cab.
This supposedly cleaner renault drinks more fuel and ad blue the the ancient high miles merc I've been lumbered with, almost double as it's needing refilling with diesel every other day, the merc lasts a week. so much for the environment eh :-o

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it is the catalytic converter rather than the dpf then. Like I say it used to do it every tank on my euro 5 Renault DCI when I used supermarket fuel (higher sulphur content), and normally on longer motorway trips. Premium fuel seems to reduce it.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Maybe it is the catalytic converter rather than the dpf then. Like I say it used to do it every tank on my euro 5 Renault DCI when I used supermarket fuel (higher sulphur content), and normally on longer motorway trips. Premium fuel seems to reduce it.
Another 'nail in the coffin' for using supermarket fuel then ? :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently premium fuels have less lubricity due to the detergents/additives though so it is swings and roundabouts

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you know your car well you can tell / feel a regeneration. To ordinary mortals it appears seamless.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
If you know your car well you can tell / feel a regeneration. To ordinary mortals it appears seamless.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Does anybody know, how you know and what do you feel ?? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts