UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a Logan M (diesel) then a Duster, also a diesel, ver impressed with the. Logan even better than i expected but having had a 4x4 since 1994 would i manage with 1) less clearance and 2) the all wheel drive, the Logan is certainly more comfortable, better fuel consumption and less tax, dunno, dunno, dunno ????

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
457 Posts
I guess that all depends where you plan on driving! But I vote Logan, just because I'm #teamlogan

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I test drove both and preferred the logan over the duster, I've never been a fan of the high up view you get from 4x4's.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had my Duster (DU56 TER...plate still for sale!) for a year now and as you know am about to swap for a Logan. It's generally the wifes daily, but i get to drive on the w/ends and have really enjoyed it, i like the high up driving position, and the 1.5 DCi is enough for the school run and up and down the country on longer trips..

But, after driving the TCe 90 Logan i'm sold, i did roll my eyes when i was told the engine size :huh: , but after driving it i was a bit happier -it does the job, and i now get cruise control and a thermometer! The dog will also revell in all the space she has to run around in! Reaper decals for the back window ordered.... :p (Pearl black Hearse FTW!)

Roll on Friday!!!!!! :D

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diesel Logan has plenty of power, the Duster with the same engine has more kilograms to move and it shows in the performance.
My vote goes for the Logan, wife would like me to have another 4x4 owing to rough tracks and farms i visit as part of my job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the Stepway then, gives you that little bit more ground clearence.
Not enough room, we are ecologists and carry lots of kit, yesterday the present car a Jeep Patriot was full, Duster is slightly bigger cargo wise and the Logan is an excellent size, thanks though, the Stepway is very nice, drove a re-chipped one brought a smile, plenty of power

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not enough room, we are ecologists and carry lots of kit, yesterday the present car a Jeep Patriot was full, Duster is slightly bigger cargo wise and the Logan is an excellent size, thanks though, the Stepway is very nice, drove a re-chipped one brought a smile, plenty of power
Also of interest, i found the Duster drivers seat was different in two different models, one the seat went lower than a second one, being a short ar***se i need it low

·
Registered
217 Posts
As a duster owner for just over a year ( satisfied except for a slight rust issue) I am considering a 1.2 Logan ambience in white as a replacement for a 2006 1.1 Kia picanto. The kia fuel consumption has always fallen short of expectations and the boot space is tiny, it is also pretty poor on any incline. My questions are, is the 1.2 sufficient in a car the size of a logan and are there any reports of any rust / paint problems. I'm not expecting sports car performance, just a decent runaround and occasional longer trips. Interior space is the draw. Also what is real world fuel consumption likely to be? Money constraints limit me to the ambience trim level.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
As a duster owner for just over a year ( satisfied except for a slight rust issue) I am considering a 1.2 Logan ambience in white as a replacement for a 2006 1.1 Kia picanto. The kia fuel consumption has always fallen short of expectations and the boot space is tiny, it is also pretty poor on any incline. My questions are, is the 1.2 sufficient in a car the size of a logan and are there any reports of any rust / paint problems. I'm not expecting sports car performance, just a decent runaround and occasional longer trips. Interior space is the draw. Also what is real world fuel consumption likely to be? Money constraints limit me to the ambience trim level.
go for the diesel for the power and fuel economy in the long run lifetime wise

the 1.2 petrol is 75 bhp its an old generation engine very good very reliable but slightly underpowered

or if u cant afford try and get the 0.9 tce 3 cylinder its turbo petrol 90bhp ;) ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
my wife does lots of short runs so we've opted for the 0.9cc turbo, i too had a few concerns, but after driving it they all went away! Its also a grand cheaper than the 1.5 DCi! The 1.2 was just too under powered... :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Test drove a Logan M (diesel) then a Duster, also a diesel, ver impressed with the. Logan even better than i expected but having had a 4x4 since 1994 would i manage with 1) less clearance and 2) the all wheel drive, the Logan is certainly more comfortable, better fuel consumption and less tax, dunno, dunno, dunno

Just come across this short review!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/66668/skoda-fabia-estate-vs-dacia-logan-mcv

1 - 15 of 15 Posts