UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else had trouble will the above control switch? Mine became defective 6 weeks ago as it would not operate the fan on settings 1,2 or 3. Problem is the main dealer cannot get the replacement part because there are non available. Dacia customer services said they were aware of a fault with this control switch, however, they confirmed there were no replacement control switches available at the present time. This defect is more an inconvenience than anything else but six weeks after the fault occurred there is still no sign of the part and the problem remains unresolved. As I said to Dacia customer services, I assume new Duster's are still rolling off the production line so they must be fitting new control switches to them.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Someone had a similar thing with a Sandero a couple of weeks ago. As yet there's been no update as to how that was resolved, so presumably they've been affected by the same delay :wacko:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Has anybody else had trouble will the above control switch? Mine became defective 6 weeks ago as it would not operate the fan on settings 1,2 or 3. Problem is the main dealer cannot get the replacement part because there are non available. Dacia customer services said they were aware of a fault with this control switch, however, they confirmed there were no replacement control switches available at the present time. This defect is more an inconvenience than anything else but six weeks after the fault occurred there is still no sign of the part and the problem remains unresolved. As I said to Dacia customer services, I assume new Duster's are still rolling off the production line so they must be fitting new control switches to them.
Hi ianneill,

Haven't had your problem yet, but with my luck probably will.

This is just a thought and the only facts are from previous experiences, Dacia may well not be in charge of the spares supply directly. For example when BL / Rover made and supplied cars the parts distribution was managed by Unipart, and for sure if Rover and Unipart both ordered the same part from a component manufacturer at the same time and there are only enough parts to satisfy one customer you can guess who gets the parts. Ultimately suppliers face massive fines for production line stops, but not for aftersales supply.

Have they tried to locate a Renault part from a megane / clio / scenic etc as the parts seem to have mostly been taken from these models?

Anyway good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Clikfire, I will take up your suggestion and ask my main dealer to check out the possibility of the control switch also being a Renault part. Worth a try! I will keep you posted on how quickly the part is supplied. Thankfully this problem has happened during the winter as the defective switch has also taken out the air conditioning!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clikfire,thank you for all your research. The link to the Megane owners forum describes exactly the issue I have with my heater/ventilation control switch and the overlap with the air conditioning control. As this is a warranty job I am in the hands of my main dealer (Renault) who say they have cross referenced part numbers and it is not available. However, if this goes on much longer I will show them these posts which indicate, that with some research, the part might be available from other sources. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts